New Lady Rider on Long Island...looking for new friends to ride

• April 30, 2013 11:27 PM PDT
    Hey Cyclefish members!  Hope you are enjoying the riding season so far (unless you are an all-year 'round rider!).  I just bought my first bike and am learning to ride, so I am a newbie.  I am looking to ride with people from Long Island and for somebody to "spot" me as a driver when I start navigating the parkways around here.  Give me a shout out if you are interested!  Thanks.  Diane
  • April 30, 2013 11:37 PM PDT
    Congrats on your new bike...welcome to the wind!
  • April 30, 2013 11:55 PM PDT
    I'm on LI ... middle of Suffolk County. Let me know if you want to get together. Did you take a rider training course? There's a couple of good ones on the island if you're interested.
    • 16795 posts
    May 1, 2013 3:58 AM PDT
    Hello from the sunny Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
  • May 1, 2013 12:54 PM PDT
    Thanks to those who replied so far - yes, PCDOC, I did take the Big Apple Basic Rider class, passed the skills test & got my license. Not ready to merge into that traffic on the parkways around here yet, but I am riding around the neighborhood & in open parking lots! Just getting to know my bike & get comfortable with shifting, etc.
  • May 5, 2013 4:45 PM PDT
    Wow a lot of riders in here I'm hoping I'm not the only one from Utah looking for others
    • 19007 posts
    May 6, 2013 12:04 AM PDT
    Congrats and Welcome to CycleFish from the ‘at large’ (currently in Terlingua TX) member to the best Damn family biker site on this here web thing.
    • 3006 posts
    May 6, 2013 3:54 AM PDT
    Howdy & welcome from San Francisco bay area, to the best motorcycle board on the web !

Sounds like your well on your way to being a decent rider.Practice Practice Practice,I still do to some degree even tho I have been riding for over 13 years now,after a 15 year break.

stay safe & enjoy the ride
    • 2 posts
    May 7, 2013 1:53 PM PDT
    I am terrified on the parkways even when in my truck. - Think what you are attempting is wise.

Finger Lakes area of NY here. - Pretty good twisties and not bad wine, you might enjoy the trip.