Back in the Saddle: Almost

• April 21, 2013 5:03 AM PDT
     It has been a while since i have been on Cyclefish and I have no excuse kinda.  In jan I had my 5th and hopefully last spinal surgery in 3 years.  I have also had the unpleasantry of finding out what it is like to have a parent with Alzheimers/Dimentia.  I cant tell you how slowly it crept up on them and us.

Next week I hear if it is ok to ride again or not. As  for my parent we are trying to get her help as we go along.  you would not believe the B S you have to go through to get someone help.

I'd like to say hello to everyone again and hope everyone is doing great.

Peace, Love and ride safe.
    GranpaErnie
    • 314 posts
    April 21, 2013 7:55 AM PDT
    Welcome back. Wish you luck on riding again. I wish you much much luck with your parent. I went through the same thing with my Mother in law.
  • April 21, 2013 12:19 PM PDT
    welcome back granpaernie
    hope all go's well and you get back on the road
  • April 21, 2013 4:38 PM PDT
    Thanks, Got the itch real bad and this boy needs to get it scratched.

Thanks Paulawest, Just taking one day at a time.
    • 19007 posts
    April 21, 2013 11:41 PM PDT
    Welcome back. Hoping you are healed and all goes as well as possible with the parent.
    • 611 posts
    April 28, 2013 6:11 AM PDT
    All my best for your recovery and hope you can ride again.
    As far as the parent... keep digging, ask social services for referrals, do internet searches for help sources in your area and remember to take care of YOU too. Some get lost in the never-ending role of caregiver.
    Edgeman
    • 9 posts
    April 28, 2013 12:17 PM PDT
    IF, ANYONE wants to know WHY, I BELIEVE??? That's why!

WELCOME BACK ERNIE!!! <3  I'M BELIEVIN' YOU'LL RIDE...SOON!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • April 28, 2013 12:35 PM PDT
    Hey grampernie... I understand about the back... I've had three back surgeries 3 levels fused. levels 3-4, 4-5 and 5-S1 with hardware, steffe plates (stainless steel) and screws. Riding is going to be quite different then what you were used to. Start off slow (short distances) ad build up to longer rides.... I had to fire 2 doctors for telling me that I should not ride...! By the way, my last surgery was in 1989 !
    Good luck with your parent, and if you have any questions about the back deal, shoot me a pm

Trippin