Frozen Few in Alaska

• 4 posts
    April 6, 2013 10:44 AM PDT
     Damn It!
    Thought I was going to be able to ride today as yeaterday the snow had melted off the road. This morning 6" of fresh and it's still coming down.

Talkeetna ride memories

• 44 posts
    April 6, 2013 2:17 PM PDT
    YourAlaskaGuide I feel your pain we got to ride today 74 sunny rode about 200 miles today may ride in the morning only 20% chance of rain in the AM we are going to chance it though
    • 4 posts
    April 6, 2013 7:46 PM PDT
    speedyre wrote...
    YourAlaskaGuide I feel your pain we got to ride today 74 sunny rode about 200 miles today may ride in the morning only 20% chance of rain in the AM we are going to chance it though

GRR
    What really sucks is you wait until the snow melts off the road and then warm up a little so the shade doesn't have ice. Then you can hear it,, just like the birds in the Spring, a braver than I HD rider going through the gears, then another. You make up your mind that tomorrow is your day going even if it's just above freezing. You wipe off the dust that has somehow has gotten underneath your bike cover in the garage. Clean your dirty leathers and snowseal your boots the night before in anticipation of the first ride in what has to be almost half a year. Nothing is going to get in your way of going out even if the Ol Lady wants sausage for breakfast it isn't going to happen. You wake up early grab the phone,ready to call your buddy's and say "Let's Ride" only look out the window and say F*** the only thing I am riding today is that Japanese Four Wheeler to push a half foot of snow off the driveway. That same F***ing driveway you salted and shoveled the last 3 days to get the last of the ice out from in front of the garage. 
    Nope! I somehow can't believe you feel my pain! 

April 2012 Birchwood airport.

• 19052 posts
    April 7, 2013 3:04 AM PDT
    Your dilema is why I have made my winter home SW Texas...(and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do so)
    • 3006 posts
    April 7, 2013 7:34 AM PDT
    Hope your riding weather improves soon.

Wanting to ride n mother nature wont cooperate always stinks.

Around here,we are blessed,maybe 3 mo's a year are
    too darn cold or wet for any pleasurable trips.Tho around Frisco Bay
    the summer weather can be a downrite bonechilling experience.

stay safe n enjoy the ride
    • 44 posts
    April 7, 2013 1:46 PM PDT
    Ok I see you point I hope the weather is better soon sorry that i rub in the good weather here in Tennessee How is the weather today
    • 44 posts
    April 7, 2013 1:51 PM PDT
    Oh yea by the way Great Video
    • 4 posts
    April 9, 2013 3:53 AM PDT
    Another foot today. Looks like the lower 48 is going to have a rough go of things
    • 2 posts
    April 24, 2013 1:49 PM PDT
    Actually I can feel a little bit of your pain. - Lived in the Keweenaw Peninsula for a couple of years. Great place to live, wish I was there right now, but 290" of sno the last year we were there. - The are getting some sno right now.
    Motorcycle season ran from the 4th of July thru Labor Day, except one year it snowed on the 4th of July.