A Bikers Creed

• 9 posts
    March 27, 2013 8:15 AM PDT
     BIKER’S CREED*

(For Those Born Again to Be Wild)

I ride first and foremost because God has called me to do so.

But, I also ride because I enjoy the freedom I feel from being exposed to the elements, the vulnerability to the danger that is intrinsic to riding, and the pure pleasure of it.

I do not ride because it is fashionable to do so. Thus, I ride my machine, not wear it. My machine is not a status symbol—it exists for me by the grace of God.

My machine is not a toy—it is a mechanical wonder of steel and glass and rubber. As a good steward, I will treat it with all due respect. So, I will strive to understand all the inner-workings of my machine from the most basic to the most complex. I will learn everything I can about my machine so that I am reliant on no one but myself for its operation.

I will strive to constantly better my skills and control over my machine. I will learn its limits and use my skill so that I may ride safe and stay alive. I am the master of this machine, and it is my servant. Working together in harmony, we will become a team.

My machine should last longer than I do. Therefore, it is a legacy. I will care for it so that future bikers can enjoy it as much as I have.

I do not fear death for my life is in God’s hands. He has ordered the day and time of my death. Such fear must to be overcome with confidence in my Lord. I will, however, do everything possible to avoid death due to my own carelessness, inattentiveness, or recklessness.

I do not ride to gain attention, respect, or fear from those that do not ride, nor do I wish to intimidate or annoy them. For such non-riders that do not know me, I simply ask for them to try and get to know me. And, for those that do desire to know me, I will share with them the truth about myself so that they might understand me and not fear me nor others like me.

I will not judge other bikers on their choice of machine, their appearance, or their profession--I will see them only as bikers. I am thankful to God for who I am as a biker and for the machine that I ride, but I will not flaunt such before others. If others ask about who I am or what I do as a biker, I will share with them.

I will show respect to other bikers more experienced or knowledgeable that myself. I will learn from them all that I can. Too, I will not show disrespect to other bikers less experienced or knowledgeable than I am. I will teach them what I can.

It will be my task to mentor new riders in the biker lifestyle so that our lineage may continue. I will instruct them just as I have been taught-- thus, preserving and honoring the traditions of bikers before me--and I will pass them on unaltered.

I will never pass by a biker pulled over on the side of a road, but I will stop and be ready to assist as best that I can any biker that truly needs my help.

I will never ask another biker to do for me what I can do for myself.

I will never be the aggressor on the highway; nevertheless, should others mess with me, their aggression will be dealt with in a manner that will both honor Jesus Christ as well as protect other bikers and myself from them.

I am not a part-time biker. I am a biker whenever and wherever I go. I am thankful to be a biker, and I hide my chosen lifestyle from no one. I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me as well as to better understand myself as God has created me to be. But the main reason that I ride is because I have been called of God to glorify Him by sharing the height and width and depth of His love to the bikers that He brings across my path.

This was posted by a friend of mine, on fb. Don't know if he wrote it, but I do know that he lives by it.  
    And this pretty much sums up, my whole attitude and outlook about bein' a biker.  About how, I have been blessed
    and want to show my gratitude, by bein' a friend to all other bikers.  And while I ain't ridin' right now, there's one
    thing we ALL know, "you can take the biker, off their bike, but their still gonna be a biker".  Amen!
    And I also know...the best is yet to come.

Ride Free
    Tweek

• March 30, 2013 2:16 AM PDT

• 44 posts
    March 30, 2013 2:20 AM PDT
       SO TRUE RIDE SAFE  
    LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
    • 3006 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:17 AM PDT
    Good post Tweek ! Thank you for sharing thisHappy Easter to ya too !
    • 611 posts
    March 30, 2013 5:54 PM PDT
    Good Easter to ya Tweek Lady...
    • 314 posts
    March 30, 2013 11:13 PM PDT
    Nice Tweek
  • March 31, 2013 4:08 PM PDT
    Excellent!