K&N Filters

• 284 posts
    March 15, 2013 12:26 AM PDT
    I recently bought a K&N Filter off of Amazon for 41$ free shipping.  That is almost less than the reoil kit for the filter.  Everywhere I have looked they are more than $20 more + Shipping.  Thought I would pass this on for those of you wanting a new filter.  
    • 2 posts
    March 15, 2013 2:59 AM PDT
    For what it's worth, when getting mine, checked the internet then found a better price at local, independent auto parts store.
    • 284 posts
    April 10, 2013 9:45 PM PDT
    Good for you savage... This was informative only... Best price I have found. Local here is 60$ is the best I found....
  • April 11, 2013 10:52 AM PDT
    K&N is a good filter because you can clean them. They claim some power gains too. I did a test on the bike in my pic.Stock vs K&N vs BMC vs no filter. same day same conditions. Make a pass cool the bike and change the filter. weather conditions didn't change. We had a portable weather station with us. all 4 passes were within 1 mph and .05 100th of a second.
    • 2 posts
    April 11, 2013 11:33 AM PDT
    Went to a K&N mostly to save on buying new filters and yeh don't think there was any power gain, tho didn't do the testing you did.

For what it is worth you can wash paper filters. - Been washing the filters in the mowers 2X/year for 30 years. - Don't really care about the mowers but my K-Mart mowers lasted about 20 years/each and have had no engine problems.