Hello from Toledo, Ohio!

• March 8, 2013 10:12 PM PST
     Hello everyone! I received my endorsement last summer and am looking for folks to ride with. My children have all left the nest and live in Cali so I find myself with a lot of "me" time.

I am a USMC veteran and served 9 years on Active Duty and fully understand and embrace the "brotherhood" of bikers as it is the same in the Corps.

As the Technology Coordinator for a school district, I tip my hat to this site's developers and moderators as it is well designed!
    • 9 posts
    March 9, 2013 12:28 AM PST
    Well Hey Joni!!! Tweek here, ALSO from Toledo! Awesome. Finally, another homie...
    Livin' down yonder, in J'ville, FL., but still connected to my home.

Welcome to CycleFish! Please...add me to your friendslist, and let's start THIS RIDE!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • March 9, 2013 1:36 AM PST
    Thanks Tweek! How far is Jackson from Ocala? I'll be visiting there in the near future. When did you live the great state of Ohio?
    • 16831 posts
    March 9, 2013 4:54 AM PST
    Hello from the partly sunny Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
    • 1855 posts
    March 9, 2013 8:29 AM PST
    Welcome from just 80 miles south of ya.

Peace
    • 9 posts
    March 9, 2013 9:07 AM PST
    Born and raised there. In Toledo Hospital. Left several times. But always came back. Not-so-much, this time...Been living in Jacksonville, for the last eleven years. Haven't had the money, and didn't have a car for nine years, to travel home in. My only family up there now, is my (step) Daddy, and he's not in the best of health.
    A friend up there, who is now a preacher, (u mean I ain't the only newb?) offered to get me home, but it was a matter, of where I'd stay, once I got there. Daddy just moved into an assisted living facility.

Besides...
    I've a real AVERSION to the cold, and while the snow is purdy to look at, I'm OVER the novelty of it...
    by about 40 or so years...lol
    Besides, I like that I CAN ride, year-round here. And yup, it does get cold here, but compared to up yonder, it's nothing I can't handle.

Come on down, sometime. The beaches are great for runners.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • March 9, 2013 1:32 PM PST
    Thanks RevBigJohn and Jimmyacorn
  • March 9, 2013 1:38 PM PST
    Ahh Tweek it's not so bad. I rode in December and weather is cooperating so I should be rolling on twos tomorrow.

For me, beaches are made for relaxing! My fitness consists of weight lifting and distance biking. I ran the Warrior Dash for sh*ts and giggles.

When I make my way south, I will look you up!
    • 11 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:43 AM PDT
    Welcome to this great site. HeritageWoman! And, as you are rollin' down to Tweek, stop in to visit w/ me, here near Hickory, NC