Great town - Southwestern New York

• 63 posts
    February 5, 2013 10:37 AM PST
    My son and I were traveling back to New York from a trip to Ohio to visit the AMA Motorcycle Museum in Pickerington and we decided to take all back roads with no maps and just head East.
    We found ouselves winding through some great country roads, hills, twisties and came to a little town that was filled with motorcycles.  There was just about every kind of bike you could think of and, the motorcycles lined both sides of the street.  We thought that there must be some kind of event going on so, we stopped the bikes and decided this looked like a great place to get some lunch and find out what the event was. 

We walked along the little village sidewalk checking out some of the bikes and then went inside a little restuarant.  We asked the waitress what was going on, and she said,,,,,, nothing.  The bikes pretty much come every weekend.  She told us that groups, individuals and clubs come all the time.  The town was very friendly and we didn't get any negative vibs from any of the businesses or people we met.

The town is a little valley with great camping nearby and plenty of great roads to ride.  If you're looking for a great destination consider mapping out a ride to;   Ellicottville, New York
    • 1 posts
    February 5, 2013 12:07 PM PST
    Great write up jmoe. Have to check it out. Am just south in western Maryland, this might be a ride I may have to consider.
    • 1855 posts
    February 5, 2013 1:13 PM PST
    Lake affect snow must'a been a real beatch. LOL
    • 16825 posts
    February 5, 2013 2:32 PM PST
    Ellicottville, I know it well. :-)