Looking for large fringed saddle bags.

• February 3, 2013 5:03 AM PST
    I've been serching for saddle bags with the long fringe but the ones that I found are cheap looking, or cost a fortune. I have a set of Tour Master bags now, but since changing out the pipes, they look too small. Looked at the Willie & Max Warriors and the American Classic style but would like more fringe if I can find them. Any help out there?
    • 1855 posts
    February 3, 2013 8:40 AM PST
    N. Carolina, right? There are a couple of really nice places in Cherokee where you should be able to get what you want. I don't recall the names of the leather shops but I've been there at least 1/2 dozen times. And you might be surprised to learn that a great many other "tourist" places, like Maggie Valley will have what you want at a reasonable price.

There are plenty of leather crafters at the bike swap meets. I got a great set at one of those.

Also, if you don't mind paying an arm & a leg theres a so-called "rare" set of saddlebags off a heritage springer on Ebay. Of course, I'm pretty sure that no saddlebag is worth 2 grand.

Peace

• February 3, 2013 11:45 AM PST
    Thanks, I never even thought of Cherokee. The Indian style bags are exactly what I want. It would be a good excuse to visit Maggie Valley and check out the motorcycle museum too. I appreciate it. Ride safely my friend.
  • February 3, 2013 1:16 PM PST
    Bar none the best made and heaviest leather saddle bags can be found at

http://www.ironbags.com/iront.phtml

Iron Bags based in Eau Claire Wisconsin
    The site has a format so you can custom build them to your wants and needs.
    They are not cheep but then Quality seldom is. I bought a set of through over’s in the mid 80’s, My son is using them now. Many miles rain and abuse, well worth the price
  • February 3, 2013 2:16 PM PST
    Thanks, I will check them out. Custom made might be out of my price range though. Momma has me on a short leash.