Tami is in the shop

• 58 posts
    January 24, 2013 8:17 AM PST
    I took my RK in to have her new cams installed.  S&S 546.  Also having heated grips put on and a couple other little things fixed since she will already be there.  I will let you know how it all works out.  Next on the list (in a year or two) is true dual exhaust and better intake. 
    • 1855 posts
    January 24, 2013 9:18 AM PST

Here is an exhaust kit that I used a few years back on an electraglide.  Though very easy to install, it does take about 3 hours and it is well worth time and money.  A helluva lot cheaper than buying a whole new exhaust.  I have to say, I used it on a '99 so I'm not sure how it would do on the exhaust configuration of the newer bikes.

http://www.fullsac.com/true-dual-kits.html
    • 19034 posts
    January 24, 2013 11:30 PM PST
    Good to hear. Back when I put the Apes on Rex I had to replace the clutch cable which meant headers had to come off. I put Sampson true duals on then. Love the look and different sound.
    • 58 posts
    January 25, 2013 11:53 AM PST
    Heard from the tech working on my bike today. He says she should be ready to pick up on Monday but he has to replace the oil pump. It was damaged. Seems somebody left some extras inside there the last time it was opened up (just before I bought her). The tech said he found a WD-40 type straw in there. So tell me, could there be a possible cause and effect here? This is the shop that did all work on the bike before I got her.

As fo the exhaust, I kind of like the looks and idea of a pair of Gunship Gatlings peeking out from under my saddlebags.  Probably just dreaming as they are a little pricey.  They would definately stand out.
    • 58 posts
    January 30, 2013 2:23 PM PST
    Got her back from the shop today. Initial impressions are way favorable. Sound is better. Response is better. Riding home temps were around 45 and my hands were cooking with the new grips, love them already.