Trick'in out you're ride vs buying new

• September 8, 2012 1:19 AM PDT
    Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a great riding season! cooler weather soon! and radical fall color rides just around the cornerThis summer I was  getting the "itch" to buy a new ride.... though the prices are great in this economy, the money tree at the moment is not really bursting with fruit!

Soooo I decided to maybe kick er' up a notch a add some chrome dress up, pinstripes, & performance parts to my VT750C Honda Shadow Aero. I set a budget of around $800 to see what I could do to affordably get my bike up to speed. I added some detail accent stripes, chrome neck cover & side covers, then added a Kuryakin Hypercharger & VH Sriaghtshots HS drag pipes and...... man what a difference!!! this baby rocks! has a whole new look, feel, and handling! way beats taking on "bike payments"!! I'm attatching some pics of the pinstriping & will have more pics of the performance parts next post!

Hope this  post is helpful in maybe planning some changes to you're ride & saving some $$ by trick'in out vs buying new. The best deal I found on parts after checking all the suppliers was "Cruiser Customizing" ck em' out before getting hammered by another dealer- I've bough from them for years and honestly been very pleased- quik ship,great price, & no issues w/orders. They also have video's to help you with installing your new parts  I have posted a link on our show website www.americanspirittv.com to help connect riders to their website.

I've also started a new weekly "rider blog" to share all kinds of biker info with fellow riders - here's the link http://americanspirittv.blogspot.com feel free to stop by, comment, & share with other riders

till next time... Ride Safe & Often!

Tim/ASTV
    • 544 posts
    September 8, 2012 2:06 AM PDT
    Looking good! Enjoy riding it. It is a good looking ride.
  • September 9, 2012 4:46 PM PDT
    Nice!
    • 19028 posts
    September 10, 2012 12:10 AM PDT
    Really clean pinstripes.
    • 2 posts
    September 10, 2012 12:35 AM PDT
    Any chrome is too much
    There are never enough pinstripes.
    • 1 posts
    September 10, 2012 12:57 AM PDT
    Have been looking at new bikes and there is not one I like... So thinking about doing some fine tuning on my engine... New cams a must as I want just a little more horse power. New seat, been looking for years have not found one I like, thinking might make my own. And a little powder coating to make some of that shinny stuff black. Not muchbut it would make a big difference to my bike.
  • September 10, 2012 1:28 AM PDT
    Very nice pinstripes!
    • 19028 posts
    September 10, 2012 2:30 AM PDT
    Following the new versus rebuilt thread when Rex is old and tired I will rebuild him. There are no bikes currently made that I like better than my carb'd 04 Road King. He is the last bike I expect to buy.
    • 3006 posts
    September 10, 2012 7:51 AM PDT
    Nice pics,its always fun to add new bits to the ride !

Another simple cosmetic touch on the Honda tanks is to hide the gas tank seam, I attachd a pic of mine I ran some blk car door scratch guard strips over the seam and it blends right in now,or at least it does to my eye.I know guys like using the chrome type,yet i felt more like hiding it rather then accenting it.

Stay Safe & Enjoy The Ride !!!
  • September 10, 2012 8:32 AM PDT
    Im addicted to Craigslist and Bike Swap Meets! Bike doesnt really need anything but if you never know what you might come across at a really good price. I bought the seat I have now on CL for 25 bucks! Guy sold his bike and the new owner didnt want it?? WHAT!... His loss my gain...
    • 3006 posts
    September 15, 2012 5:16 AM PDT
    Craigslist & EBAY too I hear ya Keymaster !!! Way cheaper n easier a route then buying brand new usually for me,often times in the past ordered online to find out part wont be in,cause they dont actually stock the part,there just middlemen.That seat you picked up sounds like a sweet deal !!!
  • September 15, 2012 4:33 PM PDT
    I bought my hard bags off Ebay for $130. Thats a deal.