Something I found funny!

• August 22, 2012 9:30 AM PDT
    We went/rode to Sturgis this year, had the time of my life. And plan on going back next year.

But that is not what I found funny!

After we left Sturgis we cruised to the east then back to the west, went to Yellowstone and that place is just beautiful.

Don't worry I will get to the point...LOL

The first day in Yellowstone we rode two up on my bike, of course with me on the back. My arse will never forgive me for that. The second day I am riding mine, we are now going to start heading home. Well, we are at the gate into YS paying for the second bike waiting to be waited on. When this older gentleman looks at me and says to me "Shouldn't you be on the back of his bike". I was polite and just smiled, alot of comebacks were going thru my head, but my parents taught me to respect my elders. I actually thought it was a funny thing for him to say and kind of laughed to myself.

For you ladies that ride your own, has this ever happened to you? Just curious!

Ride Safe!

TD
  • August 22, 2012 9:35 AM PDT
    Don't take offense that's just an old skool way of thinking.
  • August 22, 2012 9:55 AM PDT
    Oh I didn't take offense to it at all. I knew it was an old skool way of thinking...lol.
    • 2 posts
    August 22, 2012 11:31 AM PDT
    And some of us old guys just like to stir the shi stuff.

In general it is best not to take the bait, just ask my wife
  • August 22, 2012 11:36 AM PDT
    I would have told him to jump on the back of my bike if he thought the pillion view was the place to be.
  • August 22, 2012 1:00 PM PDT
    LOL @ BtGypsy!
  • August 22, 2012 1:59 PM PDT
    Over the years I've had lots of things said to me everything from "Did you ride that here yourself" to " you one of them there funny girls?" and my personal favorite when I was going thru chemo was " Gee I want to be just like a man" The list of comments can go on and on, but lately not I do have to say not to many comments have been made, in the end I don't give a rats ass cause I'm going to ride reguardless of a comment or non comment. have a great one! "T"
    • 9 posts
    August 22, 2012 2:51 PM PDT
    Kudos for bitin' your lip. I know it's very tempting to come off with somethin' glib. Best bet? Just SMILE and wink.
    Leaves 'em wonderin'...

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 22, 2012 4:24 PM PDT
    I think these guys are yankin' y'all's chains a bit. We all know women who ride their own bike and to be honest, we want them to enjoy it at least as much as we do or more. However, a guy will never miss an opportunity to get a rile out of a lady. I dunno why! Y'all must be cute...lol
    • 611 posts
    August 22, 2012 5:03 PM PDT
    That sh*t is funny... Was talking to an 'old-timer' and he said "What'choo think 'bout wimmen riding motorcikles?" I choked back a disrespectful laugh and told him "Well, I reckon if they can pick it up when it falls over, they got the right to ride it, don'cha think?" he laughed and said "Well I never thought of that. Yeah, I guess so..." He just kinda wondered off and left me with a grin on my mug...
    Another convert...
    edge "Ol Timer" walker
  • August 23, 2012 4:44 AM PDT
    Thanks Tweek, I usually am pretty good at biting my lip. Use the filter that the good lord put in my head...lol

Edgewalker, funny you should mention picking up a downed bike. Cause on the way home in Jackson WY (for which I will never forget this town) dummy me in a parking lot, hit my front brake to hard and my bike started to go over on the right. Was able to stop it, when all of a sudden she started going over on the left, could not stop her then. Jumped away from her stumbled and went on my hands and knees (wearing chaps, not wearing gloves) really good road rash on the left hand. But the 150.00 dollar jeans were saved....lol. Husband came running over and had her back up before I could do anything. then proceeded to started doctoring me up. Only damage to my baby was that the tip of the clutch lever broke, but she was still rideable. So no harm no foul, and only my pride was hurt a little. Husband tried to make me feel better by telling me that everyone drops their bike.

I figured after a little over a year of owning and riding her to death, and almost 4000 miles on this trip (at the time this happened). I did pretty good keeping her upright.

Overall 4300 miles and I rode to some beautiful places!

Ride Safe!

TD
  • August 23, 2012 5:39 AM PDT
    Yup.. 2 types of bikers. Those who have gone down and those who will. Glad your ok and damage was minimal.
  • August 23, 2012 5:53 AM PDT
    Yeap Keymaster, although this is not the first time for me. When I had my Sporty, left foot slipped on gravel and down that bike went. That time was not able to get away from the bike and it landed on my left leg. But no damage! Then there was the time on said sporty that an idiot on another bike made a u-turn in front of me and I had to choose to either hit him or lay it down. Choose to lay it down being there was no other way to go. And the fact that he had a passenger on his bike and I did not want to hurt her.

But I tell you what, after 6 years of riding my own. I am not one to think that I know everything there is to handling a bike. And I learn something new everytime! Don't matter how many miles you have under you, something is always going to happen that makes you say WOW or WTF.
    • 58 posts
    August 23, 2012 6:38 AM PDT
    I had a cop pull out of a construction zone the other morning and stop nearly broadside to me. Had me squeezed in between him and the concrete wall by the time I got her stopped on the wet pavement. Bike fell over cause I was leaning to the side when I stopped to keep from messing up the car. Then the cop comes running around yelling at me asking why I didn't stop. Probably a good thing I didn't reply that I did. If I hadn't, he would have been wearing my helmet in his lap after I went through his passenger side window. Insurance gave me kudos for keeping things up and minimizing damage.
  • August 23, 2012 6:54 AM PDT
    TearDrops-
    Ive been riding for a good part of my life. As a kid it was only dirtbikes and mopeds. Didnt have a street bike till I was an adult. Anyways even though I knew allot after I took the MSF course I realized that there was allot I didnt know.. Its a good idea to take thes classes for those of you out there that are self trained or trianed by someone else. You may think your good and know it all but Ive seen dudes that have ridden their whole lives not be able to manage the figure 8 in the course...
  • August 23, 2012 10:24 AM PDT
    Luckily for me I have taken the class Keymaster, best thing I ever did. Now I need to take the advanced course! Which I will do soon! But I am still learning everyday! And am always practicing my slow riding and quick stops and trying to master the figure 8.

RufCut, I am glad that you did not get hurt.

Ride Safe!

TD
    • 1 posts
    August 24, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
    I usually tell them Wooly kick off the back of his bike because I sing really loud and off key. It might not be to far from the truth...;D