Had a scare the other night

• 638 posts
    May 3, 2012 9:19 AM PDT
    Kansas had a pretty bad storm blow through the southern part of the state Monday night. The guy I share the house with was in Houston so I had the place to myself, cool...or so I thought. I threw a bunch of supplies in a Magnalite pot and headed for the basement. The basement looks like a place where a murder would happen and I'm not very fond of it in the daytime let alone the night time. So there I was all alone in this spooky basement. My supplies consisted of a big cooking pot (to carry the supplies and to poop in if need be), roll of toilet paper, a knife, a battery powered weather radio, 2 radios to keep in contact with the rigs, 3 bottles of water, a box of pop tarts, cell phone, and portable house phone. Everything was cool till the power went out and I realized I had no flashlight. The flashlight on my phone was all I had and the battery was about halfway. Stayed down there in the dark for 2 hours trying to conserve my battery on the phone. IT SUCKED. That old house was creaking and cracking and I swear I heard a voice whispering "get out" like on the Amityville Horror. Power came back on and I had to wait another 20 minutes till we got the all clear. Had a few damaged items on a few rigs like porches and signs flying around. Looks like we dodged the bullet again. By the way, I bought a flashlight.
  • May 3, 2012 9:57 AM PDT
    LOL! I have a to go bag and too bad I missed bag. The island bridges close at 40 mph winds so when tropical storms and Hurrcains come marching up the coast it can get down right interesting. One storm when I lived on the beach blew so hard sand came thru the cracks everywhere, my curtians were straight out, and my truck though it didn't have a garage of its own ended up with its own private grage............no one knows where it came from.....LOL! I loved the winds OOOOOOOOOOO000000000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000000000000000 sounds.......have a great one! "T"
    • 1516 posts
    May 3, 2012 10:26 AM PDT
    Glad you made it thru safe. Better keep that flashlight close by.
    • 9 posts
    May 3, 2012 2:38 PM PDT
    Like T said, we (who think we're prepared) have ready-to-go disaster bags. We never know when the next Hurricane might blow thru...if ya want a list of stuff that's always good to go for something like that, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. But here's what I'm thinkin', livin' in Kansas, which is TORNADO CENTRAL, they should have a disaster preparedness kit list at every daggone grocery store, and Walmart around you. Check at the service desk of either one. And always always always have extra batteries and plenty of drinking water on hand.
    I don't want to read about you and Toto, not bein' in Kansas anymore. Less'n you left on the bike...eh?

Ride Free
    Tweek

P.S.  You NEVER wanna see this...

• 658 posts
    May 3, 2012 2:40 PM PDT
    Damn Kevin, Sounds like a close call. Glad it you came through it well. Don't forget extra batteries brother. lol
    • 395 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:14 AM PDT
    but you had pop tarts...the poptarts will save you!!!...hahahaha, glad you made it through safe..you should have talked to the voices..they might have told you where they hid the rum...........
  • May 4, 2012 3:46 AM PDT
    So we can never say, " Man that kingbiscuit, he doesn't have a pot to poop in" LMAO!! (yeah yeah I know its suppose to be piss but I improvised)
    Glad you weathered the storm!!
    @ Lola...hid the rum!!! You're funny!!!
    • 395 posts
    May 4, 2012 3:56 AM PDT
    the voices always tell ME where the rum is..lol.......
    • 3006 posts
    May 4, 2012 5:31 AM PDT
    Glad to hear you made it thru ok,its a good heads up for those who dont bother being prepared for those sorts of situations.Out here in N Calif earthquakes are the major concern,typically most folks dont have anything put away for when disaster strikes. The truth is if we do have major one,the last place you want to be is inside a building or tryin to run n grab a disaster bag before your knocked from your feet, or the building comes crashing down.

Next time your stuck down there make sure to bring some tobacco & rum for those pesky spirits , seems to quiet them down quite a bitn dont fergit your flashlight next time !!!