I Ride Therefore I AM!!!

• 34 posts
    April 28, 2012 7:26 PM PDT
     I recently found out how much I take riding my bike for granted and the immense pleasure riding provides to me.  What brought this revelation to the front?  I fell and 'broke my hip' on feburary 24, 2012. i still can't walk and can't ride for another month or so. I'm not soliciting sympathy , I'll heal and then things will get back to normal. 
    Life is good and my bike is waiting on me make her rumble.  So i'm like a little kid who had his toys taken away. I think I'll call the 'Cry Baby Hotline' @ 1-800-WAAAHHHH and whine. Chuckle 

'I Ride Therefore I Am'
    Fishtime
    • 658 posts
    April 28, 2012 8:29 PM PDT
    Bob,   I know you didn't create this post for sympathy. But, sorry to hear about your injury. In my line of work I see people all the time that just had a missed step or tripped and ended up with a broke hip. The fall wasn't that bad, but the landing sucked. You've got me by a few years but, "We" got to work on those langings. lol  Wishing you fast and complete healing so you can get back to making her or "your other half" rumble.

Medic
  • April 28, 2012 9:21 PM PDT
    Speedy recovery to you, Fishtime! I kinda felt the same way with being deployed. I'll never tell my "bride" that Old Blue is running a close race with her...LOL!! Take it slow and easy and ENJOY!!

MSG Bigg
    • 3006 posts
    April 29, 2012 3:18 AM PDT
    Hope ya heal up well,and you make a full recovery !!! I agree wholeheartedly we all take our riding time for granted all too easily,thanks for reminding me of that !!!

stay safe n enjoy the ride
    • 16837 posts
    April 29, 2012 4:39 AM PDT
    "I recently found out how much I take riding my bike for granted and the immense pleasure riding provides to me"

I can dig that my friend.
    The bottom dropped out of my world in the last few years and left me between a bike I had to sell and one I'm slowly building.
    I look at this as a time to reflect on my life's journey and a chance to hone my building skills.
    We'll all be back on the road and think back to this ride-less time as a chance we had to realize how much we love to ride.