Massachusetts Sheriffs Deputy killed

• 846 posts
    April 11, 2012 6:46 AM PDT
     Ryan Tvelia a Sheriffs deputy for Norfork county here in Massachusetts was killed while on his motorcycle while in route to a funeral detail on the highway. 

Since the story is still fresh the only thing they're saying is he was crushed between two cars on Route 95. He was on his Police motorcycle to a funeral detail of a correctional office here in Mass. 

I didn't know Ryan personally but I have ridden with some of the Sheriffs here in Mass. and I can say that they can ride and if this can happen to them it can happen to any of us. For those of us in the NorthEast this is something to keep in mind as it is still early in the riding season and the cages haven't got a idea we're back on the road.

My you RIP Ryan Tvelia and my prays and condolences to his family.
    • 3006 posts
    April 11, 2012 1:48 PM PDT
    My condolences to his family and his fellow officers who shared the wind with him !! Its always a sad day when a biker goes down.
  • April 11, 2012 3:25 PM PDT
    Sad, I know some cops and they are fantastic people who care about others. We all need to be especially careful. None of us are exempt from that potential fate.
    • 19046 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:10 AM PDT
    RIP Ryan and ride forever free.
  • April 23, 2012 1:24 AM PDT
    Such a sad and tragic incident. When I was a motor officer years ago I lost a good friend that was a fellow motor officer just a lady not paying attention ran him over. Prayers lifted up for Ryan and his family.