Goodbye my friend.

• 9 posts
    March 6, 2012 1:19 PM PST

I just got done burying, the best friend I've had for the past year. My cat, Midnite. He was a feral cat that latched onto me, a little over year ago,
    right around the time, my ex and I started having BAD problems.  This cat seemed to know, that I needed a friend.  And he was there for me, day after day.  So, when I was almost homeless, I thought I'd have to leave him where we were, but I had promised him, I would try and take him with me.
    Suffice it to say, he came with me, and everything was fine until 3 weeks ago.  He got sick, and couldn't eat.  He lost a significant amount of weight. and started falling over.  He couldn't jump up onto anything without falling. 
    Well, I took him to the vet today, and the diagnosis was feline leukemia.  And unfortunately, my roommate has other cats, and it wouldn't be good
    for them to be around each other.  The vet said that Midnite wouldn't last much longer, so I made the decision to have him put down.
    This has been a tough year for me, and now...my buddy is gone. 
    I thank God every day for the blessings that I have.  But I am going to miss, my good friend.  I LOVE YOU, MIDNITE!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 3006 posts
    March 6, 2012 2:15 PM PST
    Sorry to hear of your loss,its never easy losing a good companion like that.Have lost some animals & friends that can never be replaced,only the good memory's is worth the pain of losing their company.
    Rest assured Midnite is in a better place,and I am firmly convinced our loving Lord neither overlooks even the most simplest of creatures even as he watches over us all.
  • March 7, 2012 1:32 PM PST
    My condolences Tweek,...I know the pain ~ Last month I lost one of my collies (kidney failure) - she was very different in her disposition from my other two - loving, affectionate, loyal and always cuddled up to me...
    .... Upon putting her down, I hadn't cried so much since my mom died in '75 ....think of the good memories, since that's all we have now ~
    • 658 posts
    March 7, 2012 2:03 PM PST
    Tweek,
     Sorry to hear that news. I had to put down my dog last spring after having her for 13 years. I feel your pain. God does look after all and was gracious enough to put the two of you together for each other. You gave a loving home and Midnite gave unwavered love. Ya'll helped each other what you needed. Now he is in a better place and the suffering is over. Know in your heart, he still lives...

Hang in there and Take Care,
    Medic 
    • 1516 posts
    March 7, 2012 2:26 PM PST
    Sorry to hear about your Kitty. We just get so close to our pets.
    Time heals all it pertains too, it is the mean time that sucks..
  • March 7, 2012 3:18 PM PST
    I completely understand. All my pets are like my children or family. When one passes it hurts real bad. Best wishes and get another cat. It won't be the same as the other, but a new personality that needs love and will give you companionship all the same.
    • 658 posts
    March 7, 2012 5:04 PM PST
    Tweek, LCStrat is right. Get another one after a while. It does help. I found another Jack Russell after I swore I'd never have another one. I laid eyes on this one and it was love at first sight. He and I both knew we needed each other. I just gotta figure a way to let him ride with me. Whenever I get ready to ride he jumps in my arms and gives me the " Let's get this sh-t on the road" look. Take care and may God fill the hole in your heart.
    • 846 posts
    March 8, 2012 7:45 AM PST
    Sorry to hear that Tweek it a tough decision to make when it comes to our friends. But having done it myself it was the right decision and I know that it doesn’t make it any easier. I've had cats and still do for many years and it’s never been easy to lose one. That holds true epically for the ones that have seen us through rough times. They do know when something is up good and bad and come to our aid. The pain will pass but the memories thankfully are forever. Hang in there as at some point another fury friend will come your way again. You have my deepest sympathy for your on your loss.
    • 567 posts
    March 8, 2012 10:36 AM PST
    Tweek ... sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. We've got four dog, two of which are at an advanced age. Its gonna be hard to let go.
    • 2072 posts
    March 8, 2012 10:49 AM PST
    Tweek...... So sorry to hear this. We DO become so attached to our little friends and they expect so little in return. I have been through this same thing and my heart goes out to you. Knowing your little friend is no longer suffering and in pain should bring some comfort to you.........
  • March 15, 2012 1:33 AM PDT
    Tweek in sorry for the loss of your friend. I know pets have been much closer friends than most people to me . Again i am so sorry