Hi from Montana! Snowed in...

• February 26, 2012 5:44 AM PST
     Hi all.  Just found this lovely set of forums dedicated to riding and decided to join the crew.  
    If there are any riders from the northwest MT or ID areas, let me know if you head into the Flathead and we can go for a day cruise.  
    My area has lots of local poker runs, a few charity rides, and we're kinda on the way if anyone goes to Sturgis (or Rockin the Rivers, Testicle Festival, Beartooth Run) from Spokane, Seattle, or Alberta.

Unfortunately, we JUST got another 8 inches of snow last night.  Looks like I'm another 2 1/2 weeks out from an enjoyable ride. 
    • 567 posts
    February 26, 2012 6:46 AM PST
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF.
    Sorry to hear about that snow thing. We've got cloudy skies today and there's rain delaying the Daytona 500 but its still riding weather in my area.
    Have you considered snow chains for that bike?
  • February 26, 2012 6:57 AM PST
    Hi just joined. I have not rode in years. Loved it then and still do. Soon as I find a partner, I will be ready ride.
  • February 26, 2012 7:58 AM PST
    Thanks for the warm welcome Bill! You are lucky to have the weather on your side over there. I almost got a ride in about two weeks ago, but the window closed too quickly. Roads were dry, 45 degrees... Should have taken advantage of it when I could! Unfortunately I still had 350 feet of ice to navigate before touching down on dry highway.
    • 1855 posts
    February 26, 2012 10:04 AM PST
    Welcome from w central Ohio where the weather is about to get better.

Peace
    • 567 posts
    February 26, 2012 11:09 AM PST
    Rich ... yeah. Down here we whine when there's a bit of rain in the forecast. Otherwise, you CAN ride all 365 days of the year. Although a few folks won't ride at all if'n the temps get down into the 40s.
    • 567 posts
    February 26, 2012 11:10 AM PST
    chanel wrote...
    Hi just joined. I have not rode in years. Loved it then and still do. Soon as I find a partner, I will be ready ride.
    Well, welcome back to the world of two wheels. I hope you enjoy the ride.