Spoke with Keith Terry from Terry Components...

• February 22, 2012 2:11 AM PST
    I have been asking around about the new Terry Components Terminal Velocity 3 and haven't heard a whole lot about it other than it's the new adaptive EFI Fuel Managment system, latest and greatest according to some and a lot of "never heard of it" so I decided that I'd take a chance and call the company. I was talking to the person on the phone for a bit about the device and he gave me some good information and then he interrupted our conversation and said "Can I put you on hold?" I agreed of course, maybe he needed a piss break? I tend to be long winded when it comes to the mechanical stuff and needed absolutely ever detail so that I can put things together first in my own head.

Just about a minute later the phone picks up "This is Keith Terry..."  I start asking more questions about their product and he says "Sounds to me like you know your way around a bike..." and I let him know about my background and he offers me a discount and says that if I don't like it I could call him personally and he'd take it back no questions asked and then said "I doubt you'll ever send it back and you probably won't miss Dyno'ing your motorcycles."

Anyway, it's just pretty cool to get the main man's perspective on what they're peddling and if they're willing to back it up with an over the phone handshake I'm willing to give her a whirl! I can say that it does in fact work fantastically and I am never going to put my bikes on another Dyno if they're not racing bikes.

What Terry Components has done is put together something that will keep the mom and pop shops alive with all the new EFI technology, their TV3 is not a performance product perse it's a concept to make your bike run as effeciently as possible when you change pipes, breather or do engine work. Spares the bike owner from having to sink a ton of money into their bike only to pay another fat Dyno run bill. For the price it's definitely worth it in my opinion, it's less than the Super Tuner and you don't have to do a Dyno run every time you change something. HD knows they could build an adaptable system but won't because they're a big company and they want all their maintenance in house. I get that, nothing wrong with keeping your techs busy but I thought I'd share this with you... I'm not trying to drum up business for him but this is the new "miracle pill" for the modern EFI motorcycle as far as I'm concerned.
    • 0 posts
    February 22, 2012 6:29 AM PST
    Sounds good mate..If this bloke is willing to back his product then its worth giving it a go...Cheers BOOF