Newbie to site Baby needs all

• January 31, 2012 8:14 AM PST
    Hey all  Just joined up.  Im  building a 750  honda  ground  up and  just need all help i can get lol. She needs  all the tlc  i can give her but  im in  nw  ohio  and cant find   the parts.Ne good ideas where to  start  .
    • 0 posts
    January 31, 2012 8:17 AM PST
    Welcome from Brisbane Australia mate..The only way I find parts for my old ironhead is from ebay and the internet mate..Prolly some old timers on here that'll have some parts ya need..Anyways enjoy the site..CHEERS BOOF
    • 580 posts
    January 31, 2012 8:49 AM PST
    Welcome to the site Bishop from Yorkshire in England. Can't help with the build cos I'm a deer wth no eyes (no i-dea lol) but I'm sure there'll be lots of folk who have the right sort of advice. It's a really friendly forum so get stuck in and enjoy the banter (o:
    • 2072 posts
    January 31, 2012 8:49 AM PST
    Hey Bishop..... Welcome to the greatest biker site on the net !!!! 750 is an awesome bike !!! Now, something I NEVER thought I would EVER say.............. Listen to Boof !!! (Just this one time however !!) Lots of good deals and hard to find parts on E-bay !!
  • January 31, 2012 9:09 AM PST
    I am new to the site as well but rode a CB750 for years...I used to get parts at a salvage place in Richmond Ca. I will see if I can find 'em again and send you a link. eBay or Craigslist is good too.
    • 0 posts
    January 31, 2012 9:15 AM PST
    Shit thanx Blvd..Nice to know I gotta vote of confidence there mate...LOL..Cheers BOOF
    • 580 posts
    January 31, 2012 9:29 AM PST
    BLVD must be having a soft moment Boof lol. Hugs (o:
    • 658 posts
    January 31, 2012 11:37 AM PST
    Welcome bishop, Glad to have ya here with us.
    Medic
    • 567 posts
    January 31, 2012 12:30 PM PST
    Greetings Bishop from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF.
    • 16837 posts
    January 31, 2012 1:57 PM PST
    Welcome from extreme northwestern Pennsylvania.

Back in the day the 750 4 cylinder was a popular alternative to building a Harley chopper.
    I could imagine that at decent sized motorcycle swap meets there should be all the stuff you need.
  • January 31, 2012 2:10 PM PST
    Pinwall cycle,Massillion Oh.
  • January 31, 2012 2:54 PM PST
    welcome sir, I think you can try through cycle source Mag. Its on line and its slightly different that what is out there. There is a group of builders that call themselves the Limpnickie Lot, and they do all old bikes mostly American, but there are a number of cafe' racers in their ranks that might be able to help you. have a great one "T"
    • 1161 posts
    January 31, 2012 8:18 PM PST
     Welcome from Southern Georgia.  I hope you enjoy the site like we all do!  
    I'm currently working on my own Honda CM400T (1980) and have looked a lot of online places because of lack of salvage yards around me.  But I did find a little site that may help you out.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ />
    http://www.oldbikebarn.com/Street/Honda />
    These are 2 I have found but have not gotten the chance to use them yet.
    • 19046 posts
    January 31, 2012 10:47 PM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.

Sorry I can't help but there are many here that will.
  • February 7, 2012 6:53 AM PST
    Hey all ty much for advice and the welcome its great to find a home like this. I just searched ebay found 1 for 89 but it is 79-80 yr will it fit in 78 frame or should i look for something 78 and below. bought an 83 she deffinitely did not want to fit.
  • February 7, 2012 2:36 PM PST
    Welcome to the site. I'd check the internet for restored bikes for sale, and Honda 750 motors for sale, and motorcycle salvage. I know that's general and vague, but the best advice I can offer.
    • 1516 posts
    February 7, 2012 3:08 PM PST
    Welcome from Central Valley, CA.. and wow, male bonding there with Boof and BC... only the best people are on CF