Any homebrewers out there?

• January 28, 2012 12:16 AM PST
    The question about photography got me wondering - anyone around here into making their own beer?  I've been homebrewing for quite a few years now, and can't get enough of it.  Right now, I have a Belgian golden ale and a cranberry mead fermenting, and a nice American pale ale bottled and ready for a relaxing Saturday night (like this one, in fact).  If you're a brewer, what have you got on tap?
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:48 AM PST
    I remember as a small child my Dad and a neighbor tried making beer in our only bath tub. After they bottled it everyone was sitting around talking, when we heard these explosions. The beer was blowing the tops off the bottles all over the bathroom. Needless to say me Mum was pissed!
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2012 8:59 AM PST
    Not a brewer, but I'm more than willin' to be a brew-tester...just sayin'...

BRING ON THE CRANBERRY MEAD!!!

Ride Free (& SOBER)
    Tweek
    • 601 posts
    January 28, 2012 9:02 AM PST
    yep........have been at it for years, nothing going at the minute as I'm away a lot, but I make a share of "honey mead" which everyone likes, I usually end up hiding a lot of it, guys around here seem to smell when its done !
  • January 28, 2012 10:54 AM PST
    I used to brew all the time, but I haven't for a while for lack of space and time. One time I made homemade root beer and it tasted nasty so I added more sugar to n
    the next batch. Luckily I had them in beer cases with cases stacked on top of them. They couldn't blow the tops off so they all cracked around the bottom, leaked out and ran into the drain.
    • 601 posts
    January 28, 2012 11:15 AM PST
    disaster raynemaeker...spilling beer, I'd rather see blood spilled.!!
  • February 1, 2012 11:57 PM PST
    As a matter of fact, yes, hubby is showing me the ropes on brewing.  Here's some shots of our nut-brown ale.  We only have two 16 ounce bottles left.  Time for another batch!!!!  
    • 395 posts
    February 2, 2012 2:09 AM PST
    never made beer...just wine.