Final Inspection (More God-stuff, be warned!)

• 611 posts
    January 25, 2012 10:00 AM PST
    THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced his God,
    Which must always come to pass.
    He hoped his shoes were shining,
    Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, soldier,
    How shall I deal with you?
    Have you always turned the other cheek?
    To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
    'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
    Because those of us who carry guns,
    Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
    And at times my talk was tough.
    And sometimes I've been violent,
    Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
    That wasn't mine to keep...
    Though I worked a lot of overtime,
    When the bills just got too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
    Though at times I shook with fear...
    And sometimes, God, forgive me,
    I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
    Among the people here.
    They never wanted me around,
    Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
    It needn't be so grand.
    I never expected or had too much,
    But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
    Where the saints had often trod.
    As the soldier waited quietly,
    For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
    You've borne your burdens well.
    Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
    You've done your time in Hell.'

Author Unknown~

Got this recently from a Mom who's son is in Afganistan. His third tour... ouch. Well, I liked it so I thought I would share it with y'all. If the reference to God offended you, that's your right. I won't apologize tho... that's my right.
    All Respect to the soldiers out there. Both current/active duty and all who served our country, past present and future.
    Edge Walker
  • January 25, 2012 11:42 AM PST
    If this is true. Then I am Ok. But still aint talked to the lord is years and years. It not that i am pissed with him I am quite sure hes pissed with me. I did my time. Did what was required. I still feel I ve offened him. Non Conformest Jew.
    • 1161 posts
    January 25, 2012 3:14 PM PST
    I don't talk to him often, but I know he was looking out for me or I would not have been here now. But I do believe in him. I know I'm not perfect but I try to be me and stick to what I hold true. So maybe I'm safe then.
    • 9 posts
    January 25, 2012 3:23 PM PST
    One word...WOW!

Ok, more than one word, Edge. I think that is beautiful. And I also think, that the God I know and love, WOULD
    be something like that. And...I don't think it really could offend anyone. The title tells those, that don't hold our
    views, not to bother, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing that. God Bless.

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 16834 posts
    January 25, 2012 3:31 PM PST
    I believe the Lord is very forgiving.
  • January 28, 2012 10:03 AM PST
    nothing that glorifies my Lord or folks who love Him will offend me....nice post.
  • January 28, 2012 10:11 AM PST
    I love God! I take a great deal of comfort in knowing I'm not in this alone!
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 10:40 AM PST
    I've made my position known in the past on how the Lord and I feel... about serving him with my life on this holy field. Laugh at me if you will I really don't care, but because of me there are many that just won't scare. I bear the mark of the Angel, the Guardian of hope, I shall stand my post forever and NEVER give up Hope. My wings are invisible it really matters not for I will be in front of you when you hear the shot. It matter's not your color,white, black or red, when the moment is over I will be the Angel amoung the current dead! I will always fly above you watching after you, and before you know it... there will be another Angel an Angel all so new!
    The Night Dragon...Guardian Angle of Hope
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 10:57 AM PST
    This is just another reason I love this CF family for my friends that live near me would only roll there eyes at my reply. I have NEVER been so sure about anything ever in my life. Maybe I'm stupid ....but I FEAR NOTHING for my Lord is standing next to me the entire journey. I'm totally prepaired to die for a total stranger.......is that wrong, am I mis-guided.....how do I explain my feelings. Comments please....I listen very well!
    Please forgive me I don't mean to be gruff.....but save your smart ass answers for later. Please someone help me to understand what I feel....I'm not a hero....I'm not even a Jedi....I'm just a person that is prepaired to go the distantance.
    Questing Dragon
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2012 11:14 AM PST
    My friend Kenny, MY ANGEL. Your soul, is so visible to those who seek, those who thirst, those who have question.
    And...if they can't quite see it, there is still something there, that they long for. I only hope and pray, that I, too, could leave that kind of mark on their heart(s). God has CALLED you, and you've answered. There is not one soul here, on Cyclefish, that knows you, that has ANY doubt of THAT!!! I can only hope, that one day, I have the wisdom, and the generosity of heart, that you do! I, am still a work in progress. I will strive, however to have the
    brave heart, that you do!
    YOU...give me hope! YOU, give me encouragement. YOU, are BLESSED!!! And I, LOVE YOU!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 11:24 AM PST
    My little sister Tweek not to fast here.....you have inspired us all with your issues and the fact you have overcome some of the most complex crisis known to man. You my little sister are a prodogy of our Lord and you know it, and other CF members know it. You are the faith of our fallen. our hope of survival. It doesn't matter if you want it or not you..are one of our spirtual Leaders in the CF Family. Your experience , your widsom, your faith, has touched us all. So there little sister we all love you for your strength and we would all love to be like you in times of trouble.
    So let's all have a high five for tweek our sister forever!!
    Night Dragon
    • 601 posts
    January 28, 2012 11:29 AM PST
    Dragon, you are what you are, make neither excuse nor apology for that..you wear your heart on your sleeve and you don't need anyone or yourself to explain otherwise.
    • 63 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:33 PM PST
    All I can say is,,, Thank you to Edgewalker and NightDragon for the inspiring posts. I stood my post and continue to help all I pass in need,,, mostly children in foster care nowadays but,,,, in need, none the less.
    • 611 posts
    January 28, 2012 2:23 PM PST
    @ the CycleFish Family... Thanx for having a place that this ol' scooter tramp can post goofy/sexy/funny stuff that lightens some folks daze. Then, I have this kind of message sent to me... it resonated with my feelings about God, Duty and Service. All my Respect to all that have served our country, however you served...

@Night Dragon... There are some among us that are Warriors; some are Protectors... Some are Teachers and still others are clowns, builders... Every so often, there comes a man/woman that is a combination of some of these. JMO (justmyopinion) I have met, online, a man that seems to have a powerful combo going. I have read your posts and messages we have exchanged. I believe you are a Warrior, Protector and Teacher... Cool combo... I read Boof's post about the leather you sent to him, well done sir! No, you ain't perfect...
    don't go lettin yer head get all blown up... Yer helmet wouldn't fit...
    Jedi? You bet! Read the Code, you'll see yourself there. I know exactly what you mean when you say “Maybe I'm stupid ....but I FEAR NOTHING for my Lord is standing next to me the entire journey.” There have been times that I faced death with a grin on my face and I knew JUST what to do. I was Guided, that’s the only explanation for me. You put your life on the line for Joe Citizen... every day. Don't doubt yourself or your Faith. Thank You for your service.

@Tweek... JMO, you are a Teacher... a Guide... you know, don’t you? I would only say to you “Remember, all that you teach to others... you are also teaching yourself.” Thanx for your funny, insightful and pithy comments on this forum. Remember to breathe...

There is another Edge on the site, so I’ll just sign out with

Edge Walker
    • 395 posts
    January 30, 2012 12:43 AM PST
    Great post edge my friend....beautiful poem..i don't talk to God..i feel like he abandoned me when i needed him the most...maybe someday..when all the anger is gone...but i always listen with an open mind.
  • January 30, 2012 2:46 AM PST
    Wow, Im inspired! Beautiful poem and even more encouraging are the comments that follow. Many times I have read and heard "be kind to those you meet, you could be entertaining angels unaware"! To see so many who truly believe in God restores my hope for this country and renews my faith in God..

@ Lola, my heart breaks for you, please allow me to remind you God says He will never leave you or forsake you. When you needed him most, Im sure He was there. Many times we expect things from Him that He cannot do/provide because He give us all free will to make choices. I can understand why you might feel the way you do, Ive been there myself. many times.....
    • 395 posts
    January 30, 2012 3:39 AM PST

@ Lola, my heart breaks for you, please allow me to remind you God says He will never leave you or forsake you. When you needed him most, Im sure He was there. Many times we expect things from Him that He cannot do/provide because He give us all free will to make choices. I can understand why you might feel the way you do, Ive been there myself. many times.....

I thank you for the kind words..i'm sure i will find the path..but it has to be on my terms when i am ready..but i never have nor never would speak an unkind word to those that have found their way..we all must walk our own path and make our own choices..i do believe in him..just not convinced he believes in me...for now i will believe in myself....seems like the best place to start.

• 658 posts
    January 30, 2012 10:16 PM PST
    And you folks are why I love this site!!!! Thanks to you all for being who you are and not being afraid to share it....
    Medic
  • January 30, 2012 11:43 PM PST
    I am closer to GOD today than I have ever been in the past. I have led a life of self-serving and have done things that should never be forgiven, but I have learned that GOD is a loving and forgiving GOD and does so...without hesitation...without reservation....simply by asking....and nothing brings GOD greater pleasure than his children asking forgiveness.
  • January 30, 2012 11:51 PM PST
    Wow..that's beautiful. My boys a Combat Medic. It touched home for sure. Thanks for sharin. I joined this site about a month ago..but was informed of the "rules" No Religion..No Politics...Lmbo. The last I knew..I was living in America. And in America..there is free speech. Needless to say..the rules went against the grain like fingernails on a chalk board. I love my Lord..I believe in Him...how could I not Love someone who believed in me..long before I even met him? Someone who loved me enough to take the rap for all the stupid things I did in the past..the dumb stuff I may do today..and the rediculously stupid stuff I may do in the future? He laid down his life..for me..and lola..for you tooMy number one hero..gave up His life on a cross for me. And my everyday hero's..at some point in their lives..wore combat boots. <3
    • 9 posts
    January 31, 2012 8:27 AM PST
    And I love coming back, after a few more posts have been put up, and seeing where the thread leads.  I don't know about any "rules" against talkin' about what is in MY heart.  And if that touches others', well...so much the better.   Lola, I can only tell you something from my personal experience.  And it was very recently.  Something I wanted, more than life itself, (other than a Harley...hehe), it, not only didn't happen,  well,  it imploded all around me.      My heart will feel this pain, for quite some time to come.  But my heart also feels what was there in the first place,  AND what was ALWAYS there...   God's love.  Sometimes, HE is trying to teach us something.  And sometimes, that lesson will be a painful one.   I had to learn quite a few things the hard way.   I'm stubborn. 
    HE's still showin' up for work with me every mornin', tho. All things, work together for OUR good.
    And I, for one believe that, with all my heart.  And when I bother to listen, the lesson's go that much easier. JMHO, K?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 395 posts
    February 2, 2012 4:42 AM PST
    I hear you my friend...and i'm listening.....maybe i'll explain it over that beer...until then..i have your friendship to guide me.......(i'll never give up on that Harley dream girlfriend).....
    • 3006 posts
    February 2, 2012 10:38 AM PST
    Great poetry & post ! You set the bar perty dam high there Edgewalker !!!
    Enjoyed the responses as much as the orig post,thanks for sharing