Murphy's other laws

• 601 posts
    January 20, 2012 12:24 AM PST
    We all know Murphy's law... If something can go wrong...it probably will....but he has a few more..

1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

3. He, who laughs last, thinks slowest.

4. A day without sunshine is like, well . night.

5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

6. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don’t.

7. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

8. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.

9. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them.

10. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.

11. The things that come to those that wait, may be the things left by those, who got there first.

12. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

13. Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.

14. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in the dark.

15. When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of twelve people, who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
    • 9 posts
    January 20, 2012 12:29 AM PST
    I LOVE starting a Friday off with humor....dang, Neil...that sheit's funny...buahaahaaahaaa!!!
    I really laughed at 3,4,6 & 12! But their all good. You rock, dude.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 395 posts
    January 20, 2012 1:08 AM PST
    sweet.i can relate to most of them.......speaking of #12,.you know i always wondered why fishermen on the bank cast towards the middle and fishermen in the middle cast towards the bank....i would think you would cast where the fish are.........
    • 1516 posts
    January 20, 2012 3:01 AM PST
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong. lol
    We really have missed your posts! Thanks for sharing
    • 658 posts
    January 20, 2012 4:29 AM PST
    Number 7 is what keeps me in a job. Thanks for posting, needed it today.

Medic
    • 1855 posts
    January 20, 2012 5:17 AM PST
    #12!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a fish eater but I love to go fishin'. I have uncanny 12 ounce curl abilities.
    Peace
    • 658 posts
    January 20, 2012 7:42 AM PST
    Oh yeah brother, tie a weight and no hook on the line. No distractions from drinking!!! LOL

Medic

Ride on
    • 2 posts
    January 20, 2012 11:17 AM PST
     The one I tell all newly graduated engineers:

If an evil event has a 50:50 chance of occuring the odds are 9 in 10 that it will