I'd pee on em too!

• January 19, 2012 5:56 AM PST
     Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.
    “All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?
    “The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.
    “As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

• 19034 posts
    January 19, 2012 6:20 AM PST

• January 19, 2012 6:40 AM PST
    Jack Nicolson, Code Red, Paraphrased, You want me on that wall, You need me on that wall. and while you bask in the freedom I have provided you don't tell me how to do my job. A simple Thank You is suffcient.
    • 1516 posts
    January 19, 2012 9:44 AM PST
      . and who ever posted the video on YouTube needs a huge WTF???
    • 2072 posts
    January 19, 2012 10:13 AM PST

• 1161 posts
    January 19, 2012 11:11 AM PST
    Sounds to me like a Blue Falcon (Buddy Fu_ker for those that don't know what it means) that posted it. But as for the ones secreting urinary fluids I say give them a hand shake and an attaboy with a promotion.
  • January 19, 2012 12:15 PM PST
    i agree with ya black9, piss on em.
    • 16825 posts
    January 19, 2012 12:27 PM PST
    Once a Marine always a Marine, from this old Marine to those four young Marines, Semper Fi.
  • January 19, 2012 11:27 PM PST
    Well said.
    • 601 posts
    January 19, 2012 11:46 PM PST
    they're young men in a difficult situation letting off some steam, chrissake give them a break. the clown who is criticising them probably saw nothing in his life more dangerous than a cabbage patch doll suffering from PMS !!!
    • 9 posts
    January 19, 2012 11:56 PM PST
    The Taliban has been pissin' on US for a very long time. Can't say that I'da done any different....

RIde Free
    Tweek

• 1780 posts
    January 20, 2012 12:02 AM PST
    Rory you have a way with words......Bet you throught I was going to pull up my soap box didn't you. Remember I'm asserting my softer side now days, as for the person that posted that video.......Hunt the bastard down and cut off his water spout!!!!!!
    Soft Dragon
    • 601 posts
    January 20, 2012 12:12 AM PST
    thats the Dragon we all know and love so well.........master of tact and diplomacy, and subtle language !
    I wouldn't even watch the video, it would give the poster credibility that he don't deserve....if it was my son on the video, i'd give him a kick in the ass...not for peeing, but for getting caught on camera