First Service in the bag for the Road Lord!

• January 12, 2012 6:08 AM PST
    Changed all the fluids and inspected the fluid for foreign particals and material and metal shavings of course, none present. All the critical fasteners inspected and retightened, clutch was fine didn't require adjustment, the battery same thing.
    The brake pads are in great shape and the steering head is just fine and now isn't required a service ofr 50,000 miles? I call BS on that personally! I'll be regreasing after 5,000 miles. :-)

All in all Harley Davidson factory and the person that completed the PDI did a bang up job and all is well. 

I think when I went into buy the oil and filter O rings and such the parts guy told me if I was doing it myself I'd better save the warranty or it could void my warranty... I laughed and said "So my oil and filter is free then?" He had NO idea what I was talking about so I told him to Google the Magnason-Moss act of 1975. Anyway, I guess I now have a 10% discount at that dealer... which is damn nice since I DID buy 2 damn bikes from them: May 2011 and Oct 2011 and not to mention other things here and there. Just nice that was extended to me and I didn't even ask for it... very cool!

(NO DEALER BASHER NO DEALER BASHING!!! BAD BLACK9)

Now c'mon 5,000 service, can't wait to put those miles on!
    • 0 posts
    January 12, 2012 7:36 AM PST
    Good stuff mate..Glad your happy with the new beast..I do oil and filters at 5000 Klm's down here as its bloody hot and we ride in the city alot..Its cheap insurance oil and filters cost bugger all really..Thats why my old ironhead is still going strong i reckon..CHEERS BOOF
    • 1855 posts
    January 12, 2012 7:41 AM PST
    I switched steelers when he told me, "Well why don't ya just go there then." In response to my declaration that I can 10-15% discount on everything from most of the other HD steelers around. Oh yeah, and this guy is less than 1/2 mile from my home but he'll never see me darken his door again. DIY I say.
    Peace