Harley Security System

• 1855 posts
    December 19, 2013 3:24 PM PST
    Security system? If someone wants it they;re gonna get it.
  • December 21, 2013 7:42 AM PST
    - all that a security system really does is to set the determination level of the thief
    • 844 posts
    December 22, 2013 2:42 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Security system? If someone wants it they;re gonna get it.

if a REAL thief wants it they will get it, but I like mine because it keeps amateurs from just busting off the key lock with a pair of channel locks and riding off. 

• 1855 posts
    December 22, 2013 3:03 AM PST
    I use heavy steel caliper locks. I have a stretch cord from the lock to the handle bars. They can't miss that they wont' be able to roll the bike any where so I don't worry about busting off key locks as such. Of course that doesn't keep some big boys from lifting it up and hauling it away in a truck now does it.

Peace
  • March 10, 2014 8:00 AM PDT
    Hi I'm a Newbie and hope you can help. My bike has not been used for a few months and now will not start. It turns over but there is no spark at either spark plug so will not fire up. I've tried all the immobilsor PIN override etc but nothing happens. It says the odometer should display the PIN when following procedures but it doesn't. I have had the fatboy from new for 14 years and never changed the PIN. I've checked all the normal things such as fuses and wiring. Anyone know how to disconnect the immobilisor?
    • 2685 posts
    March 12, 2014 12:10 AM PDT
    The instructions that PaulaWest gave above look like the same ones that my son got from a You Tube video last week when he needed to 'discover' what code was set.

His problem ended up being a dead batter in the fob but did go through the procedure and could see the code.

Good Luck
  • nir
    April 6, 2014 2:50 PM PDT
     Hi all,

I'm a newbie and have a Harley 2006 Short tail that hasn't been started in over a year.  My husband replaced the battery on the bike and on my FOB's but the bike still won't start.  We checked all of the cables, changed the sparks, put fresh gas in, etc... Fuses look good too.  But still no go.  We are were able to set an over ride code but when we try the instructions for inititiating the over ride, I never see the dashes..     We have an FOB with a button.   Two hits of the button is suppose to disable the alarm.   The alarm light goes off when I do this but the bike won't turn over.  When I activate the alarm then try to put it in over ride mode so that I can manually enter the security code, it only displays the odometer and not the over ride screen with the dashes.  Here's what I do to try to get to the over ride mode, I turn the knob to ingition then quickly  press both direction signals but all I get is alternating flashing from my turning signals and a fast flashing red key next to the odemeter reading.    Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong.  I'm pretty sure its the alarm system causing the failure.  The bike only has 9 miles on it.  It's practically new and has been kept covered in my garage.    

Thanks for your help,
    Nir