LED Accent light on Motorcycles - Do you Like it or Not????

• February 3, 2010 12:59 PM PST
    Mine stays clean so I think a blue accent coming from under the tank will highlight chrome and make me more visible to the side...but no more than that or it's tacky for a Heritage.
  • February 3, 2010 1:01 PM PST
     Just a small amount of blue LEDs. With a remote.
    • 1161 posts
    February 3, 2010 1:59 PM PST
    bullmoose wrote...
    ok here is my take on LED its kind of hard to tell from the pic but its dimensional flames with skulls I have the LED in the center of the skulls

Cool bullmoose i love the Skulls!
  • February 3, 2010 2:11 PM PST
    thanks Seakers
  • February 27, 2010 10:54 AM PST
      Here is the latest Picture of our Ride - Taken at a Photo shoot and the other is Outside today - We are suffering from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) Really Bad!!! 

• February 27, 2010 11:07 AM PST
    To each his own. I personally don't like led's all over a bike. But i could see the safety benifit of them.
  • February 27, 2010 11:53 AM PST
    I had blue ones on a VTX 1800 that were on it when I bought it, the wife liked them, I thought they were cool but just for sitting in the drive way, I didn't like running with them on toough attracts too m,uch attention,
  • February 27, 2010 12:01 PM PST
    will the keep the deer away
  • February 27, 2010 12:34 PM PST
    RandyJoe wrote...
    I had blue ones on a VTX 1800 that were on it when I bought it, the wife liked them, I thought they were cool but just for sitting in the drive way, I didn't like running with them on toough attracts too m,uch attention,

That is why I have the remote on mine I can turn it on and off from a distance and it looks cool from a distance, plus it is easier to find in the parking lot! 

• February 27, 2010 5:37 PM PST
    I have blue and red in two different zones on my '02 FLSTCI. Got a fair amount of chrome so they reflect well. Don't use them too much - not usually at all out of town on the highway.
  • February 27, 2010 9:08 PM PST
    I've been thinking about getting them......but, a cop once told me blue or red lights were only to be used by emergency vehicles....and I want red!
    • 190 posts
    February 27, 2010 10:04 PM PST
    Hmm...i dunno. For me id have to pass on the lights. Too much unwanted attention comin my way. Im of the mind...the less attractive and appealin my bike is the better off i am in not having to take it to the next level with some scumbag eyein my bike and thinkin bad thoughts...Then again, i live with the dregs of NYC so that explains my reluctance...
    • 2 posts
    February 28, 2010 5:16 AM PST
    I'd like them - All in favor of anything that makes me more visible BUT sure would like to keep them to a minimum. Most of the places I ride I hate to break the stillness, don't even like my yellow & white riding gear.
    • 1066 posts
    February 28, 2010 11:20 AM PST
    I don't have any, but i think they do look very kool on some bikes.
  • February 28, 2010 11:55 AM PST
    I like them! My honey just installed them on my bike - I drove him crazy making him move them around until I was happy. I have the Lizard Lights with the multi color changing, strobing, or solid color. Im not too crazy about the strobe, but do like having the option of changing the colors.
  • February 28, 2010 12:00 PM PST
    Awesome Feedback from all - Thx
    • 6 posts
    February 28, 2010 12:27 PM PST
    I like the look on a "show" bike that's got a lot of chrome. I really like the ones with the engine accented (like your picture), but I've never cared for them all over the bike. I personally wouldn't put them on my bike, even though I'm a big fan of lights, I hardly have a really crazy cool bike to show off, so it would probably look kinda dumb. I go for functional lights, runners, markers, driving/fog lights; I have extra tail and turn signals in my saddlebags and extra brake lights in my tourpack. I really think that the more lights you've got, the safer you are at night. Just my 2 cents.
  • March 2, 2010 11:56 AM PST
    Thanks Hawk6351 Good Feedback... I agree any kind of lights is better to make you more visible.
  • March 17, 2010 8:54 AM PDT
    I have not read any of these replies.....I do not like the lights...Just my personal opinion.!
  • March 17, 2010 9:03 AM PDT
    NOT SOMETHING I WOULD DO, BUT ON SOME BIKES THERE ALRIGHT. LIKE THEM OR NOT THEY DO AND TO THE SAFETY FACTOR WHEN RIDING AT NIGHT.
  • March 17, 2010 9:26 AM PDT
    A real biker wouldn't put those on his or her bike it looks to pussy. Don't light it ride it.
  • March 17, 2010 9:35 AM PDT

TOO PUSSY FOR ME 
  • March 17, 2010 9:39 AM PDT

DON'T LIGHT IT RIDE IT
  • March 17, 2010 9:22 PM PDT

I love my "boogey lights" brand led's..great appearance,easy to install, and helps you be seen at night..great price on the kits as well

http://www.boogey.com/
  • April 6, 2010 2:10 AM PDT
    Love them!!!  I have purple led lights that match the color of my bike in the engine compartment and they reflect off the chrome.  Plus I have the valve stemn led lights... it's better to be seen at night than NOT!  Plus they're pretty