Best places to ride in Midwest?

• May 4, 2011 2:05 AM PDT
    Western Iowa has some great scenic roads along the Loess Hills. Plus alot of country highway riding without hardly any traffic. A great place to kick back and cruise with good watering holes in small towns.
    • 7 posts
    November 20, 2011 11:01 AM PST
    I live near the "Scenic River Road" in Alton, IL. It is a goregeous ride. I was just in a country music video that was shot on the River Road this past summer. Over 500 bikes, it was incredible. Matt Steele, an up and coming star, singing "Born to Ride". I have only seen a partial edit of the video so far and it is so cool w/all the bikes!!
  • January 21, 2013 2:01 PM PST
    Depends where you want to go. There are plenty of nice roads around chicago, even if people wont believe it. If you go to the Galena area you can go crazy there with twisties and dirt and gravel if you desire. There are many roads around in Southern Wisconsin that are great - check out New Glarus - Swiss Village, go there get some Roesti (a potato with cheese dish - very rich). Around LaCrosse in Wisconsin - great area to ride, lots of twisty roads. If get West of Madison lots of nice back country roads. WI State check out Rustic Roads - State will send you a Patch if you take the routes and take pictures in front of the markers. many nice roads around Lake Geneva in WI