June 2014 Meet & Greet Near Deals Gap and The Devils Triangl

• 1855 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:38 AM PDT
    Personally Hunter, staying in N. Carolina would, in my opinion be better. Traffic is my reasoning but I'm thinking Knight Dragon could offer the perfect solution.

Peace
    • 57 posts
    April 25, 2014 12:04 PM PDT
    I prefer Maggie Valley also Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge the traffic can be crazy
    and very time consuming,don't want to drive back over that mountain in the dark
  • April 25, 2014 1:09 PM PDT
    I'd thought about taking wears valley road back to where the Wife and I will be staying. But we've talked about the meet and greet and are prepared for the trip over the mountin in the wee morning hours to meet up with everyone.

Lord knows there are plenty of places to eat in and around Maggie valley. I'm open to suggestions, or maybe just pick a nice roadside park and have a BBQ.
  • April 25, 2014 1:13 PM PDT
    This is where we are staying. http://www.highvalleyrentals.com/

Nice folks, good cabins, and very private. Plus, where it is at it should be very simple for us to get around the cagers in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
    • 57 posts
    April 25, 2014 1:28 PM PDT
    Thanks Dave I'll check it out,don't change anything,Im just thinking out loud.There are so many places to eat and sleep we'll figure it out
    • 1855 posts
    April 25, 2014 2:57 PM PDT
    All I know is I'll be waiting at Wheels Thru Time on June 9th just before noonish. Ya got quite a ride from where you're staying Dave but depending on the route you take to Maggie Valley it should be enjoyable.
  • April 25, 2014 11:36 PM PDT
    Question for eveyone, how many of you that are coming have been through the Wheels Through Time Museum already?
    • 1855 posts
    April 26, 2014 1:32 AM PDT
    Three times Dave. It never gets old.
  • April 30, 2014 4:07 AM PDT
    Well, I've been in touch with the wheels through time museum, and they are welconig us with open arms. Steeing aside a little area for our meet & greet. Real nice folks, more than willing to help out in anyway they can.
    • 57 posts
    May 2, 2014 1:36 AM PDT
    Dale and family are good people,my brother bought bikes from them when they were in Mt. Vernon Il.Harley Davidson
  • May 5, 2014 4:44 AM PDT
    Good deal Hunter, Dale is who I aoke with. Did I mention they are offering us a group discount on tickets?
    • 1855 posts
    May 8, 2014 10:36 AM PDT
    Our one and only trip this summer will be to Maggie Valley. Gypsy is having surgery when we get home. She's having an Anterior Lumbar Fusion. She'll be down for at least 3 months and riding restrictions for 6 months with this operation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waal6ysBxco />
    Now that I've recuperated from my back surgery it's my turn to care for here. Thank God women aren't as big a baby as men are. LOL But anyway, we'll still be in Maggie Valley first if all goes well.
  • May 8, 2014 11:55 PM PDT
    I am happy to report that my wife threatened to hurt me If I backed out of our aniv. ride! My Girl is on the mend.

How do you guys feel about riding the Cherohala Skyway after the Museum Tour?
    • 1855 posts
    May 9, 2014 12:26 AM PDT
    Well Dave, I'm not one for riding in groups honestly. That doesn't mean the Cherohala wouldn't be on my agenda.

Peace
  • May 9, 2014 12:38 AM PDT
    A Group ride is not to say a ride in formation of any sort. I dont do that either, well not anymore.
    Just a general direction with a place to meet up at the end of the ride and decide what to do the next day were my thoughts.

There are so many great roads, things to see and do, I only felt good about initially suggesting a place for us all to meet.
  • May 9, 2014 12:39 AM PDT
    Hopefully this will draw the attention of other members.

http://www.cyclefish.com/event/26803/
    • 57 posts
    May 9, 2014 1:14 AM PDT
    See ya there
  • May 15, 2014 3:47 AM PDT
    A few things to keep in mind while riding in the area. Now I know quite a few of you by reading your post have already been here, but for the ones that haven't keep these things in mind. On Fridays and Saturday the heavy traffic in the Sevierville and Pigeon Forge area will be South bound on the main drag and on Sunday it will be North bound. While ridding the back roads...there are NO shoulders and DEEP DITCHES along the roads. The people around this neck of the woods believe there side of the road and half of your side of the road belongs to them, Watch for cars coming at you on two lane roads. If riding in an area where the sun doesn't make it's way to the road much watch out for growing moss on the roads. Let your passenger enjoy the view and the driver maintain eye contact with the road. I know this all sounds like riding 101, but when I first arrive here the view was so awesome I almost found a ditch or two. For the wife's and girlfriends......It's normal around here for a waitress to call your husband or boyfriend...Honey or Sweetly. I guess it's a southern thing, took me a while to get use to that.
    Second day I was here I had a waitress at the cracker barrel ask me.....If I had been with anyone yet? I told her hell I've only been here two days, just give me a chance. What she meant was ...have I been waited on.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone
    Be safe
    Night Dragon
  • May 16, 2014 3:27 AM PDT
    count me in
  • May 16, 2014 4:45 AM PDT
    FYI:
    The distance between Pigeon Forge and Maggie Valley is...
    via I-40 East is 75 Miles and 1 hour 33 minutes
    via US 441 South is 57 Miles and 1 hour and 27 minutes

Night Dragon
    • 11 posts
    May 16, 2014 9:07 AM PDT
    Note: Dragon is Most Often very Slippery. I was on it in my cage this past Wednesday going from a job site to another job site, and saw two bike accidents, both in the Ditch! & both the sheriff/s were there already or I as a nurse would have stopped! Unless, I am just fresh out of upcoming surgery & so far a non-definite surgery date...I'll be at the meetup on Sat. the 7th & will drive the Bar-B-Q around
    • 11 posts
    May 16, 2014 9:16 AM PDT
    And @ TallDave & all others: Originally, way back ohh, 3 months ago or so, the date for meetup was on Sat. the 7th of June...why is the 9th being posted, Now?
    • 11 posts
    May 17, 2014 11:25 PM PDT
    OKay, so it's the 9th...since I had asked off from work for the 7th, I now have a vaca weekend just before the 9th...that's alright w/ me.
    • 1855 posts
    May 18, 2014 12:38 AM PDT
    OKay, so it's the 9th...since I had asked off from work for the 7th, I now have a vaca weekend just before the 9th...that's alright w/ me.

Gypsy and I will be there on Friday P.M. the 6th at the Ramada Inn.  We do NOT ride at night.  We'll be having breakfast on Saturday morning at Joey's Pancake House and Sunday morning at the Country Vittles.   All 3 places are on Rte. 19.  Legend's Sports Bar & Grill is near the Inn and it's a pretty good place to stop and have a drink before we settle back at the Inn.  If you'd like to meet up some place specific TD, let me know.   We'll just be enjoying the views. 

Peace
  • May 18, 2014 10:42 AM PDT
    Christy and I are due to roll in around Noon on that Sunday The 8th. We will be on the blue & Silver Electra Glide Classic.