I Don’t Care, This Is Funny!

• 2 posts
    October 17, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
    Granddads of anarchy! Geriatric biker gang in Brooklyn packed heat and cannon

A GROUP OF aging Brooklyn bikers — who earned patches for attacks on police — were busted Tuesday for peddling a deadly arsenal of weapons, including a cast iron cannon.

.   .   .   .   .

Eight members of the Forbidden Ones, the Dirty Ones and the Trouble Makers — whose average age was 51 — were charged with firearms trafficking. But four of them were too sick to make their arraignment in Brooklyn Federal Court, and were admitted to the hospital instead.
    .   .   .   .   .

Accused gun smuggler Scott (Spider) Brannigan, 61, was complaining of high blood pressure and a bad ticker; Frank (Afro) Miranda, 50, and Samuel Moya, 44, needed heroin detoxification, and Jose (Rusty) Perez, 49, the reputed “supreme president” of the Forbidden Ones, needed treatment for sleep apnea, sources said
    .   .   .   .   .

.   .   .   .   .

Federal prosecutors alleged that Brannigan transported the cannon along with numerous other guns from Florida to the group’s crummy two-story clubhouse at 15 Thames St. in Bushwick. The two-wheeled cannon was operational and parked at the front door of the bikers’ lair ready to be fired at infiltrators, the prosecutor said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/old-guy-biker-gangs-busted-brooklyn-article-1.1185219#ixzz29bL3bStP style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; border: 1pt none windowtext; padding: 0in; ">

But cheese the oldest is 61 & they are calling them “Geriatric” – I bicycled 10 miles to & from work at that age

• 16834 posts
    October 17, 2012 4:08 PM PDT

• 80 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:35 AM PDT
    Never can tell anything by age
    • 9 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:42 AM PDT
    Are you kiddin' me??? The average age is ??? Have they seen the avg. age of most "patchholders"???

And I suppose, because they had weapons, in their "clubhouse", that all such entities will be scrutinized?
    Oh ffs'...
    Like most folks, even us scruffy biker types, have collections. Keeping them there, don't mean they're gonna
    start some kind of revolution.

WOW...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1516 posts
    October 18, 2012 2:24 AM PDT
    Only old in the body area, the brain area appears to just be getting started
    • 5420 posts
    October 18, 2012 3:55 AM PDT
    A group of "aging bikers" come on now, lets be a little careful how we throw that word aging around.

But the part that really cracks me up is... "The two-wheeled cannon was operational and parked at the front door of the bikers’ lair ready to be fired at infiltrators, the prosecutor said." 

I just got this image of a rival club kicking in the front door, guns in hand and this "old biker" with his hands shaking striking a match to light the fuse on the cannon.

• 19043 posts
    October 18, 2012 5:53 AM PDT
    Once again Savage my friend, you have Amazed me. And yes this is funny!
  • October 18, 2012 6:47 AM PDT
    When I read "Geriatric biker gang" I'm thinking what are they 80 ? I feel Sooo old now.
    • 2 posts
    October 18, 2012 11:58 AM PDT
    Lucky
    Damn you. - Blundered onto the link during lunch break yesterday & was 30% useless for the rest of the day. - Would commence giggling while doing radom things
    Now you got me started again

(p.s.: Not that anybody I know would do this but if anybody were of a mind to, doubt it would be much of a problem to pick up a tap set from Harbor Freight, a percussion nipple from Cabella's + some misc. hardware and make an ignition device that could be triggered with a lanyard.)
    • 5420 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:39 PM PDT
    Might be easier to just buy a gun! Even for them "aging" bikers of 50+
    • 1 posts
    October 18, 2012 1:31 PM PDT
    Is the cannon still for sell???...; D
    • 2 posts
    October 19, 2012 12:54 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Might be easier to just buy a gun! Even for them "aging" bikers of 50+

There is something to be said about a load of canister shot and a remote firing device.

• 544 posts
    October 19, 2012 1:09 AM PDT
    It was funnier when I was younger...not near as funny at 52! Fire up that cannon!
    • 2 posts
    October 19, 2012 1:22 AM PDT
    Bitchy wrote...

Past summer was visiting people on the opposite coast.  Next door a brother & sister were cleaning out the apartment of their departed father. He had been retired military & a serious history buff.

They asked if there was anything I wanted.  - He had floor to ceiling shelves of history books, most dealing with obscure campaigns, took all I could carry.

Then they asked if I wanted his cannon. – Yippie, Yippie, Yay!! – Sure enough in the garage there is the barrel of Civil War style field piece. -  Am sure up to making a carriage & mind is forming plans while simultaneously trying to figure out how to ship it.

Then get on my knees to inspect. – It is a barrel CASTING. – Have to get access to a machine shop with a boring machine with enough travel to bore the barrel. Then have to turn it, find the axis of the bore, machine a trunnion perpendicular to the bore, rotate it & machine the other one in line with the 1st.

Even if I can find a machine big enough could never pay for that much time. – Probably why their old-man never finished it. – Had to say “no thank you” & walk away sadly.

• October 19, 2012 2:42 AM PDT
    With the headline "Granddads of anarchy! Geriatric biker gang".....I was expecting names like "The Sinister Seniors," or "The Rest Home Rustlers"....damn, do I now feel aged!....
    • 1 posts
    October 19, 2012 7:33 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Bitchy wrote...

Past summer was visiting people on the opposite coast.  Next door a brother & sister were cleaning out the apartment of their departed father. He had been retired military & a serious history buff.

They asked if there was anything I wanted.  - He had floor to ceiling shelves of history books, most dealing with obscure campaigns, took all I could carry.

Then they asked if I wanted his cannon. – Yippie, Yippie, Yay!! – Sure enough in the garage there is the barrel of Civil War style field piece. -  Am sure up to making a carriage & mind is forming plans while simultaneously trying to figure out how to ship it.

Then get on my knees to inspect. – It is a barrel CASTING. – Have to get access to a machine shop with a boring machine with enough travel to bore the barrel. Then have to turn it, find the axis of the bore, machine a trunnion perpendicular to the bore, rotate it & machine the other one in line with the 1st.

Even if I can find a machine big enough could never pay for that much time. – Probably why their old-man never finished it. – Had to say “no thank you” & walk away sadly.

Bummer... Have friends that have one like the one in the picture... Was a blast playing with it... Not a good way to be woke up very early that  same morning.  But  it did make  me jump and alart really quick.
    • 611 posts
    October 19, 2012 2:29 PM PDT
    Damned kids! Firing that fking cannon...
    oh pleeze... these guys are just another target. Of course, they did put the target on their back... justsayin...
    edge "ShakinMyHead" walker
  • November 4, 2012 10:01 AM PST
    Yep!!!!