Just signed in from So Cal (I.E.)

• October 9, 2011 5:17 AM PDT
     Hey all! Just signed in here!
    I'm in the I.E. of Southern California.

Riding a 2011 FXDWG 

Was riding a 94 Sportster

• 5417 posts
    October 9, 2011 5:28 AM PDT
    Welcome Zubdog, Just a little west of you in Lake Forest. Great fall day out today, just getting ready to head out to Cooks Corner and then ???. We have lots of friends in the IE and ride out that way all the time... I'll give you a shout next time we head that way!
  • October 9, 2011 6:17 AM PDT
    I too would like to welcome you to this site Zubdog, its a great place to hang when youre not riding... Hey Lucky I am invieous of you I have spent many hours sleeping one off in the lawn under the trees at Cooks corner before heading back to my bro's home in Anahyme Ca.
  • Ry
    October 9, 2011 7:29 PM PDT
    Welcome Zubdog from just a little ways north of you in the A.V.....
    • 16795 posts
    October 10, 2011 1:37 AM PDT
    Hello from the extreme north west corner of Pennsylvania.
    • 5417 posts
    October 10, 2011 4:15 AM PDT
    I too would like to welcome you to this site Zubdog, its a great place to hang when youre not riding... Hey Lucky I am invieous of you I have spent many hours sleeping one off in the lawn under the trees at Cooks corner before heading back to my bro's home in Anahyme Ca.

Probably hasn't changed all that much since you've been there.  They redid the bathrooms so you can actually use them and put a few more tables out back, so you have to go a little farther back to get some peace and quite when you sleep under the trees!!!
    • 19007 posts
    October 10, 2011 6:58 AM PDT
    Welcome, but what the hell is IE?
    • 5417 posts
    October 10, 2011 7:03 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Welcome, but what the hell is IE?

It's the Inland Empire Mike.  There is a "mountain range" (actually they are just hills) that run north and south about 20 miles from the coast.  The area just on the east side is the Inland Empire.

Basically here in Southern California you have three major population centers: L.A. (Los Angeles); O.C. (Orange County); and the I.E. (Inland Empire).  Since its so congested and all the cities run together, it's easier to just use those areas encompassing all the cities.

• October 10, 2011 7:08 PM PDT
    Welcome to the site from just south of you In Escondido Ca.
  • October 10, 2011 8:37 PM PDT
    Welcome from a former Cali boy living in Montana and working in North Dakota! Long way from home. Like the wideglide! Keep the rubber side down
  • October 11, 2011 12:57 PM PDT
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated ! Lately it's been commute riding. Fall and winter my busy time of year (low water demands). Actually pulling a 14hr late night right now. (on mobile right now) Should be home by 4am. But normally I work 4 day workweeks. Like the cooks ride or - Newcombs. Nice ride! Backside to Big Bear. I'm ready!
    Hopefully Going apes next week- 16" on 1-1/2" riser.
  • October 12, 2011 3:29 AM PDT
    Welcome from Nevada! Hope ya have some fun here, these guys and gals are a great bunch of riders and make me laugh till I cry! Enjoy and Welcome again.
  • October 12, 2011 3:44 AM PDT
    Hi Zubdog from the SF Valley