Hey! I'm new! Hows the friending here work?

• September 1, 2011 2:39 AM PDT
     Hey all. My name is Ty and just joined here recently. Trying to hook up with fellow bikers anywhere but especially in the Colorado Springs area. Moving there soon to resume Auction buying in Storage units and used cars and bikes. Worked at Pyramid Public Auto Auction in Foutain CO, ran the yard from 2001 to 2004. 
    I am recently free to do as I please. My wife of 23 years lost it bad. Seperated in Nov. so she could 'find herself' and Who she found is not for me. People change and you have to let them be free when they need it. I just didn't realize when I gave her an uncontested divorce, and her freedom, that it was I who was the one who was being freed!
    I do have three awesome adult Kids I am always going to be grateful for and they are my heart. We are close but none of them live with me. 
    Actually starting to get really stoked about life. I now, finally, will be able to make runs and be part of the world domestic life pulled me out of. I hope I can make friends here and start getting back to making it out for runs and make new connections.

So are we suppose to know someone before we friend them? How does it work here? 
    Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable ride through life! 

• 395 posts
    September 1, 2011 2:43 AM PDT
    first off...hi! second, just look around, it's a great site if you find someone interesting send them a request.....
  • September 1, 2011 3:09 AM PDT
    Thanks Lola! Hope all is well! Just didn't want to break any rules about friending people you meet here.
    Have a great week!
    • 2072 posts
    September 1, 2011 3:14 AM PDT
    Hey Ty..... Welcome from sunny central California. There are some GREAT people on this site and should take you no time at all to make some friends. I really like your comment about "who was the one being freed"...... Went through the same thing in '05 and have to agree with your statement. Funny how that works. Anyway..... good luck on your move and the new business adventure. My wife and I have talked several times about the same business. Looks like it could be a blast !!
    • 846 posts
    September 1, 2011 5:13 AM PDT
    Welcome from the Bay State (Massachuetts) you'll find a lot of good folks here. Enjoy your newly aquired freedom.
    • 16795 posts
    September 1, 2011 5:50 AM PDT
    Welcome from the most northwestern part of Pennsylvania.
    • 567 posts
    September 1, 2011 11:57 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF. I do hope you can meet up with riders & members in your area. CycleFish is a great place to meet folks and pick up some of life's helpful hints.
    • 19007 posts
    September 1, 2011 12:15 PM PDT
    Just do it...
    • 2 posts
    September 1, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
    Finger Lakes area of NY here
    • 86 posts
    September 1, 2011 1:34 PM PDT
    Welcome Ty from Central California. If you ever get out this way...lets ride. This is a great site...enjoy your new start!!
    • 1516 posts
    September 1, 2011 3:09 PM PDT
    Hi tyreay some people I friend is because they ask and some cuz we have talked, I like to friend people, that way you don't miss the birthday and all! Welcome to Cyclefish, we are a very friendly site and personally I think all the best people are here!! Nice to "meet" you.
    • 1516 posts
    September 1, 2011 3:10 PM PDT
    P.s. I love all the central valley CA welcomes, we rock!!
  • September 1, 2011 3:19 PM PDT
    new too, have a nice day
    • 2072 posts
    September 1, 2011 3:51 PM PDT
    "P.s. I love all the central valley CA welcomes, we rock!!"....... That's because it's the only place in the USA you can ride 12 months out of the year !!!!!!!