Planning a poker run for next year

• August 10, 2011 6:48 AM PDT
    My girlfriend is doing the Susan G Koman 3 day breast cancer walk. Had to raise $2300 to walk. ( doenst make sense to me, but hey I will support her ) A friend threw together a poker run with about 3 weeks notice. Want to make it an annual thing, but for next year Im going to take on the plannng and everything. Looking for ideas.
    • 0 posts
    August 10, 2011 9:17 AM PDT
    Gday mate..We had a run a few months back but instead of drawing cards we shot a target with nerf guns with suction cups on the bullets..It was bloody good fun ....The more beer the better I shot..CHEERS BOOF
  • August 10, 2011 2:43 PM PDT
    That would be a cool twist!!!!!!
    • 4 posts
    September 15, 2011 3:31 PM PDT
    I do a bunch of them. A good prize helps out. Your entry fee depends on what the riders are getting in return. Some runs include dinner, some t-shirts, ride pins. You can go $25 if your including dinner. $10-15 If they are just riding for some prizes and you can maybe get some hotdogs or burgers donated and sell them. For me I try to get some donations mainly prizes. I like to get one attention getter and some other door prizes. Sometimes I get a tshirt place to donate some of the shirts or portion of the cost. Shirts can be risky. If you get a crappy day and a low turnout your stuck with the shirts.If you want to discuss further hit me up with a message. They won't let me talk about my services in the forum.
    • 844 posts
    September 15, 2011 5:50 PM PDT
    I was at a cool run this summer that made it much more interesting than any poker or dice run. As everyone knows the bad thing about a poker or dice run is for most people it is over two or three stops in... you know your chances are slim when you have a 2 6 and 9 of all different suite and others are already paired or tripped up. Ok, enough about all my loosing hands and back to the point.

What they did was each stop you rolled a dice and whatever number you got (1-6) you got that many raffle tickets. At the end of the run everyone had tickets and it was a game of chance that eveyone still had a chance to win.

Just another twist to change things up since we've all been to 200 poker runs already.
    • 4 posts
    September 16, 2011 2:20 AM PDT
    We did some dice runs where not only did high and low scores win, but hi and low at each stop won a prize.
    • 3006 posts
    September 16, 2011 6:09 AM PDT
    great ideas keep em coming peoples !!!
    • 4 posts
    September 23, 2011 11:45 PM PDT
    Another idea I am gonna try this winter to help promote my website and raise some money for Children's Hospital is a Poker Crawl. I am getting my HOG and ABATE clubs together for a night in Buffalo's Party district. 5 Bars will be stops on the crawl. We will draw a card at each one, enter it into runwiz and eventually make our way to each bar. Select a starting bar and final stop and a designated prize time. We are connecting a flat screen to a laptop to display the runwiz scoreboard so all can see the winning hands. You can allow people to draw anadditional card for a donation and drop one the card of their choice for a chance to get a better hand. Here in the Northeast it's a long winter and should be fun getting everyone together.