It's a gun nut thing.....The Mosin Naget 91/30

• 1780 posts
    July 4, 2011 8:21 AM PDT
    I've taken my 1943 Mosin Naget 91/30 WW II Russin Sniper Rifle removed the PU scope and replaced it with a mid range Bushnell. This is one hard hitting 7.62x54 round. Here is a pic on my Naget and some history.
    Mosin Nagant Model 1891/30
    • Model 1891/30 (винтовка образца 1891/30-го года, винтовка Мосина): The most prolific version of the Mosin–Nagant. It was produced for standard issue to all Soviet infantry from 1930 to 1945. Most Dragoon rifles were also converted to the M1891/30 standard. It was commonly used as a sniper rifle in World War II. Early sniper versions had a 4x PE or PEM scope, a Soviet-made copy of a Zeiss design, while later rifles used smaller, simpler, and easier-to-produce 3.5x PU scopes. Because the scope was mounted above the chamber, the bolt handle was replaced with a longer, bent version on sniper rifles so the shooter could work the bolt without the scope interfering with it. Its design was based on the Dragoon rifle with the following modifications:
      • Flat rear sights and r-stamping of sights in metres, instead of arshinii.
      • A cylindrical receiver, replacing the octagonal (commonly called "hex"receiver. Early production 91/30s (from 1930 to 1936) and converted Dragoon rifles retained the hex receiver. The hex receiver rifles are less common and regarded as generally more desirable by collectors.
      • A hooded post front sight, replacing the blade on previous weapons.[10]

• 5419 posts
    July 4, 2011 8:51 AM PDT
    Night Dragon has all the coolest toys!!!

did you get it in that condition, or did you do some restoration?
  • July 4, 2011 9:09 AM PDT
    Nice
    • 1780 posts
    July 4, 2011 9:47 AM PDT
    This is my 3rd Mosin Naget and by far this is the nicest one of them all. If you want to see the gun in action ....watch the movie Enemy at the Gates. It's about the battle of Stalengrad (probably mis-spelled) This is the battle the Germans really wanted to win.....but didn't, and part of the reason was the Russian snipers that used this weapon.
    • 114 posts
    July 4, 2011 12:27 PM PDT
    Sweet Rifle..
    • 16795 posts
    July 4, 2011 1:07 PM PDT
    My nephew has a Mosin Naget 91/30.

If former Marine Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated President John F. Kennedy with a Mannlicher-Carcano 6.5×52mm
    as the Warren Commission claimed, I'd like to shoot at distance one of those as well.
    • 1161 posts
    July 4, 2011 2:45 PM PDT
    Damn Nice weapon ND!
  • July 5, 2011 12:03 AM PDT
    Sweet
    • 9 posts
    July 5, 2011 1:39 AM PDT
    Don't know much about the Naget. But I really like the bench it's sittin' on...LMAO. J/K! I don't own any rifles, but I've heard much about them..and I watch that russian kid on youtube. Boy howdy, I don't know whose financing his endeavors, but he can show ya a thing or two, about any daggone weapon you can name!

CHECK HIM OUT:  FPS RUSSIA on you.tube  Some really amazing weaponry here.....
  • July 5, 2011 10:19 AM PDT
    The history channel ran a program on the Russian snipers of Stalingrad. They have the actual weapon in the Stalingrad museum that Vassily Zaitsev used during the german seige of the city. If you liked the movie you might want to check out the history channels story about your gun and the Russian Snipers. Also have to agree with Tweek that bench is very cool and I would love to have one of my own.
    • 1 posts
    July 8, 2011 4:57 AM PDT
    I agree with Lucky... nightdragon does have some cool toys. All I can afford are a few off the shelf guns from the local sporting good store. One day I would love to be able to start collecting guns.
  • July 8, 2011 7:29 AM PDT
    Nice weapon Dragon! and Tweek, that FPS Russia guy....is hilarious, he's too funny!
    • 2 posts
    July 12, 2011 9:51 AM PDT
    Let's see what a group looks like

You show us one of yours & MAYBE I will show you one of mine (1903A2 w/ Lyman Globe Sights)
    • 0 posts
    July 13, 2011 10:37 AM PDT
    A LITTLE REASON WHY OUR HOUSE HAS NEVER BEEN ROBBED..CHEERS BOOF
    • 1780 posts
    July 14, 2011 11:44 PM PDT
    Now Boof that is a colection.....WOW....very nice!!!!!!!
    • 16795 posts
    July 15, 2011 5:25 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    A LITTLE REASON WHY OUR HOUSE HAS NEVER BEEN ROBBED..CHEERS BOOF

Is that an original "Yellow Boy" Henry or a reproduction?

• 5419 posts
    July 15, 2011 5:52 AM PDT
    Boof, is that actually your collection, or where your mates drop their guns when they come to visit???
    • 0 posts
    July 15, 2011 10:42 AM PDT
    Thats my collection Lucky.Well some of it cant get the artillery pieces in the bedroom..The yellowboy is a repro...Prolly should take some better shots of them all and post them one bloody day...Its very bloody hard to have guns down this way..Lucky when my Mates come over I'm a good enough host to let them use my guns but they gotta bring their own bloody beer mate..CHEERS BOOF
    • 1780 posts
    July 16, 2011 1:34 AM PDT
    BOOF my Brother sometimes you scare me. So is there any place where you can shoot your weapons? Do you have gun ranges down there. I mean I like to set and fondle my weapon but eventuly I got to shoot it. I am talking my about guns.
    Dragon
  • July 16, 2011 6:33 AM PDT
    I bought a Mosin Nagant about a year ago and it's the best shooting gun I've ever owned. Built in 1938 and still covered in Cosmoline. Never fired when I paid $125 for it. 1.5 MOA all day long!
    • 0 posts
    July 16, 2011 11:04 AM PDT
    Dragon old mate..My mates and I will head out bush occasionally and blow the living shit out of our exotic fauna every now and again..No point in having the bloody things if it aint second nature to use them..CHEERS BOOF