2007 HD FatBoy serious tire problem??

• August 13, 2011 11:04 AM PDT
    *shakes head* Dealerships just suck!!! I know I will avoid working for anymore of them! All they want are the idiots with more money than brains to come in and pay any price they're asking and slam about $5,000 in 'upgrades' (Cheap Japanese chrome kit To go over the tappet block covers!) Their stores are like boutiques and they are TRYING to connect with the regular Joe but fail with their pricing!
    Good luck, I hope the ol' man gets her all fixed up and drives back to that dealership and let's them know with both hands how they're number one!
  • September 20, 2011 11:06 AM PDT
    looking for a bent 2008 or newer soft tail frame need left rear swing arm pivot mount bracket thats welded to frame if anybody no where ones at let me no thanks
  • November 25, 2011 8:56 AM PST
    Good Harley mechanics don't work at stealerships, they have their own shops.
  • November 25, 2011 12:06 PM PST
    neekynake wrote...
    Good Harley mechanics don't work at stealerships, they have their own shops.

you got that right,   we were lucky and got steered toward a very good independent ,   We had an issue with one of the harley dealers in Omaha,  and  HD headquarters did nothing to fix the problem,  but we did,  we don't have any service there anymore.  
  • November 25, 2011 2:55 PM PST
    I work out of my garage, no overhead.
    • 1855 posts
    November 26, 2011 4:24 AM PST
    Weird about the tires!!! Never saw that before or even heard of anything like it. As for "good harley mechanics"; I ain't one; mostly because I'm not inclined to be a mechanic. That doesn't mean I'm not mechanically inclined however. I can do it but I don't want to do it. Everytime I start working on my rides I do the smart thing. I call a guy who enjoys doin' it. I say, "Hey man, come on over and let's drink a few beers." If he shows I'll be working on my bike. He can't stand that. For one thing he gets miffed just because I can't tell what size wrench to get just by looking at a bolt or nut. I've got to fumble through one or two ya know. Next thing I know it's, "Jesus man, get the hell outtta my way".
    Peace
  • November 28, 2011 3:50 AM PST
    Yeah I don't fall for that! :-)
    I have seen this trick before!