Favorite places/rides

• March 12, 2011 2:06 AM PST

Do you have a favorite ride? How about a favorite destination?
      Glacier NP, MT is the one place that forces me to return again and again.  The place rejuvunates me. Lets hear about yours.

• 1516 posts
    March 12, 2011 4:38 AM PST
    Mariposa CA.. up Highway 49..got to be my favorite.

• 16795 posts
    March 12, 2011 4:56 AM PST
    Spearfish Canyon SD.
  • March 12, 2011 6:50 AM PST
    Smokie Mountains. I'll ave pics after our run out there in May...Gotta visit the Dragon.
  • March 12, 2011 9:05 AM PST
    I've been on 49, and down Spearfish Canyon, Haven't been able to visit the Smokies yet, but ts on the list. great places.
  • March 14, 2011 9:38 AM PDT
    Hwy 1 on the coast of California between Morro Bay and Monterey Ca.
    • 1516 posts
    March 14, 2011 2:18 PM PDT
    wheels wrote...

Ok Wheels, I just added that to my summer have to do rides.. Hope to see you along the way~~~

• 58 posts
    March 14, 2011 5:04 PM PDT
    wheels wrote...

Did 3 tours there.  Met my wife and married there too.  Great area.

• 0 posts
    March 14, 2011 5:43 PM PDT

View Larger Map

Best to do in 2 days, but doable in one. Great weekend trip.
    • 19004 posts
    March 15, 2011 3:11 AM PDT
    Some really good rides here. I have done some of rt 49, Spearfish Canyon, and a bit of the Smokies. I still say my favorite is from Four Corners WY to Deadwood SD on Rt 85. It intersects with Spearfish Canyon. Not as scenic but a great wide road, little traffic (except during Bike Week) with sweeping curves that require a few floor board drags. Yeah!!
    • 16795 posts
    March 15, 2011 5:05 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Some really good rides here. I have done some of rt 49, Spearfish Canyon, and a bit of the Smokies. I still say my favorite is from Four Corners WY to Deadwood SD on Rt 85. It intersects with Spearfish Canyon. Not as scenic but a great wide road, little traffic (except during Bike Week) with sweeping curves that require a few floor board drags. Yeah!!

That is a nice ride, a real challenge with an Ultra Glide with asidecar (you don't lean you steer) on right turns the sidecar likes to lift off the groung.
    I think the tail of the dragon would be a real upper body workout.

• March 15, 2011 6:09 AM PDT
    GaryTJ wrote...

View Larger Map

Best to do in 2 days, but doable in one. Great weekend trip.

This is a greart route.  I've done it too.
    • 3006 posts
    March 15, 2011 7:35 AM PDT
    One of my favorite rides is on Hwy 35 heading south to Santa Cruz from the bay area,and always includes a stop at the crossroads & Alice's Resturant, usually I take hwy 85 from there down to the coast. This route bypasses a lot of the tourists on hwy 1 & passes thru some really scenic redwood forests.Its about  150 mile round trip.My bike is on the left , and lots of riders from the bay area stop here.
    • 0 posts
    March 15, 2011 10:35 AM PDT
    JDub54 wrote...

This is a greart route.  I've done it too.

If you are doing 2 days, drop down through Mt. Rainier National park and out the Elbe side and take Hwy 7 back into Tacoma for more fun.

• 5417 posts
    January 20, 2013 5:18 AM PST
    One of my favorite places to ride is the Santa Monica Mountains above Malibu.  There are hundreds of raods all through there and even after 10 years of riding in that area I still haven't foung them all...

• January 20, 2013 9:17 AM PST
    Tombstone AZ, from Sierra Vista, then over to Bisbee, and back Sierra Vista.
    • 5417 posts
    January 21, 2013 10:14 AM PST
    Another of my favorites is thru Napa Valley then over to the coast up thru Mendocino county.  Some of the most beautiful coast line I have ever seen anywhere...
  • January 22, 2013 9:05 AM PST
    Clarkston Washington to Enterprise Oregon, Washington Hwy 129 Oregon Hwy 3; 87 miles of good twisty road that will compete with most places
    And The Little Dragon! 188 peg grinding corners in 14 miles. Just minutes from Historic Baker City Oregon.
    • 2 posts
    January 22, 2013 10:49 AM PST
    luckychucky wrote...
    Tombstone AZ, from Sierra Vista, then over to Bisbee, and back Sierra Vista.
    Never got to ride that one. Used to love driving it at night & listening to "Coast-to-Coast" on the radio.  Could believe in ghosts out there.
    • 844 posts
    January 24, 2013 2:54 AM PST
    Three Sisters area here in Texas!
  • January 24, 2013 7:38 PM PST
     There are a lot of beautiful rides out there and when it comes to winding roads the Dragon is very popular, BUT, if you are in the area check out the route over Blood Mountain from Blairsville GA into Helen GA, then come out of Helen going North and take the other side of the loop. Lots of turns, lots of twists some where you can really find the edge of your tires. Some of the turns are nice and wide three lanes because of truck lanes over the mountains. Personally I like it better then the Dragon. Helen "Alpine Village" tourist trap but some decent German food can be found there. Hofer's is ok.

This loop is about 100 Miles
  • January 24, 2013 7:55 PM PST
     One of the more then 90 degree turns uphill and tight on 129 / 19 / 11 fromBlairsville to Helen