Ride Scenery

• 19007 posts
    February 18, 2012 8:43 PM PST
    One more from REx, down here in beautiful Southern Miss.

• February 23, 2012 12:38 PM PST
    Rex at CapeMay there did ya stay for the show, besides the sunset? Where they play some thing and take the flag in? have a great one "T"
    • 823 posts
    February 23, 2012 1:54 PM PST

• February 24, 2012 10:54 AM PST

Full Moon Rises over Mountians October near NC/ GA Border

• February 24, 2012 11:44 AM PST
    Valley Road Through SNOWDONIA NATIONAL PARK in Wales, UK...
    Good riding roads there...A bit like up in the Adirondacks in Up-State New York...

• February 24, 2012 4:49 PM PST
    SilverSTreak wrote...
    This and the I-80 one were taken on my trip this summer to ride the Linclon Highway - From Times Sq. NYC to Lincoln Park in San Francisco - hence this shot of the Golden Gate Bridge from the park (which is the Western Terminus of the Linclon Highway.

Got a bunch from the Lincoln Victory Hiway!
    The old Hiway is also part of the Old Victory/Lincoln Hwy.

I love riding that way when I can when coming & going. Our Victory MC Club does an Annual Ride that usually follows that route. I've done a to of research on the Original Route.

Old 40 aka Lincoln Victory Hiway was the first transcontinental roads.

"In September 1912 Carl Graham Fisher began promoting the idea of a transcontinental graveled highway, the Coast-to-Coast Rock Highway. By 1928 the Lincoln Highway, as it came to be called, and the parallel Victory Highway, a memorial to those who served in World War I, were marked across Nevada. The images selected for this site document places and activities along the highways in Nevada, eastern California and western Utah, and Reno’s Transcontinental Highways Exposition of 1927 celebrating the completion of the roads."

Couple of years ago on our ride we encountered The Lincoln Highway Assoc. Transcontinental Ride. I'll have to find the pics but they were great folks & had an large array of vehicles, all vintage from the day. The weather was horrendous at the time.

• February 24, 2012 4:59 PM PST
    WOW Everyone has some great shots!

Here's some from a trip up in Northern California thru the Trinity Alps.

Hmm the You Tube linky doesn't wanna work so here's the CLICKY

• February 24, 2012 6:29 PM PST
    In the year 2009 I tried out the latest
    Harley in the Factory at York PA.
    It was straight off the production line...

• February 25, 2012 2:19 AM PST
    Pretty rough road there, Jetman. Looks like the rocking motorcycle I made for for oldest grand-daughter when she was 5 months old. She and her sister love it. The kids don't have room for it in the house they live in now. it's in the garage. Whenever daddy is in the garage puttering on his bike - they ride it. The two-year-old can get it rocking enough it scoots across the garage floor. She's gonna be a terror! She's the first to want a ride in the sidecar whenever they come over to visit.
  • February 25, 2012 3:18 AM PST

It sure was a rough road.....and the funny thing was.....

Instead of hearing the usual wind rush noises...all I could hear was a sort of laughing coming from all directions...lol...

This was taken inside the front part of Harleys Factory in York, PA while waiting for the guided tour of the working production line and all parts of the factory and museum etc.....

I definately would suggest that if you are in the area you should drop in and do the "Walk The Line" tour of the plant...If you do the afternoon walk through then hang around a couple of hours there is a Biker Bar just across the main road local to the plant they serve good bar food and they seem to have "Bike Nights" EVERY Night!!!  So well worth the journey..... I stayed in the "Super 8" just out on Main St for a few days...

Then I went to Gettysburg!!!!!  What a rush that place is...and yet - so peaceful and tranquil......

• 823 posts
    February 26, 2012 1:01 PM PST

• 5419 posts
    January 20, 2013 4:09 AM PST
    Took Laura and the Road King on a Boat Ride...
    • 834 posts
    September 3, 2013 1:40 PM PDT
    Moab

• September 13, 2013 1:53 AM PDT
    Nice ride with the wife
    • 5419 posts
    September 13, 2013 2:08 AM PDT
    Crossing the Desert with Good Friends...

• 1855 posts
    September 13, 2013 4:49 AM PDT

East on Hwy 14A over the Big Horn, looking back west from wence we came (Yellow Stone).  Yep, it looks like miles and miles of nothing but quite often nothing seems wonderous.  A similar pic was in HOG magazine a few months back.  Seems like the pic to take I guess.

• 3006 posts
    September 28, 2013 6:36 AM PDT
    last day of summer,just enjoying the beach.
    • 5419 posts
    October 12, 2013 2:13 AM PDT
    Just north of Ft Bragg