Ride Scenery

• January 21, 2010 3:26 AM PST
     Ok, first time I'm adding a picture so bear with me if I screw it up! 

This is for G ... Utah is not all flat and straight and boring Moki Dugway, descending to Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley

• January 21, 2010 3:27 AM PST
    Hey, whaddaya know ... it worked!

So here's another from UT ... Monument Valley

• January 21, 2010 4:37 AM PST
    For you guys in the north west part of Washington State, Chukanut Drive is probably the best short stretch of fun riding. Great way to grind down you pegs.

But my favorite overall stretch is Hwy 20. North Cascades Hwy. Winthrop to Whidbey Island. These picsare at  Washington Pass taken last September on the way to the Oyster Run in Anacortes. See you there!

• January 21, 2010 4:55 AM PST
     Early morning prior to departing.....
  • g
    January 21, 2010 5:06 AM PST
    pcdoc54 wrote...

This is for G ... Utah is not all flat and straight and boring Moki Dugway, descending to Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley

would love a go on that roads nice photos .
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    January 21, 2010 5:46 AM PST

Ouary Colorado  2009 Sept
    • 1780 posts
    January 21, 2010 8:43 AM PST
    Somebody get me the hell out of Texas for a ride to God's Country anywhere

Night Dragon
    • 5420 posts
    January 21, 2010 10:01 AM PST
    pcdoc54 wrote...

Hey you got it!!!

That is one awesome road.  I'm gonna have to plan that in on the way to Sturgis this year!

• January 21, 2010 10:21 AM PST
    If you do, take her real easy ... that's gravel. Another really good one is Hell's Backbone between Boulder and Escalante off Route 12 in Utah ... again, gravel. Not for the faint of heart or those with a fear of heights

For something a bit easier to ride but an absolute blast as far as the scenery is concerned you'd have a hard time beating Burr Trail (off Route 12 south of Boulder UT), and the whole stretch of Route 12 from Torrey to where it joins 89, aka "America's Scenic Highway".  Or Route 9 through Zion ... hell, just about anywhere in Utah!
  • January 21, 2010 10:57 AM PST
    This late June we are planning on riding through Utah. Starting at Zion to Bryce Canyon, then Capital Reef, then up to Vernal for the night. Next day off to Wyoming.

You seem like a Utah guru. Any suggestions?
  • January 21, 2010 11:26 AM PST
    man those are some incredible sights, i've been tryin to get me a co-pilot that can shoot photos from the back seat, guess i scare'em! ha, this was a ride to guntersville lake in alabama for the anniversary of the chapter there in the club i was in, woke up every morning to this for a week, didn't want to come home.
    • 601 posts
    January 22, 2010 8:35 AM PST
    West Cork Ireland, where men are men and sheep are nervous.
    • 19 posts
    January 24, 2010 12:08 AM PST
    where the hell do you get or buy enough gas to ride death vally? they don't call it death vally for nothing you know! anyway god bless you and keep you safe where ever you ride! and thanks for shareing ,it's the most importain thing in life!
    • 19 posts
    January 24, 2010 12:26 AM PST
    such beautiful rides i live in south jersey and ride a 1800 vtx,my wife don't like to ride far but i prefer to,my friends only ride local though! where do i sign up? i like week end rides when it gets warmer out of course!
  • January 24, 2010 2:51 AM PST
    I think this fella is on the road that goes over to Wolfhounds place........

such is the life in rural Montana
    • 467 posts
    January 24, 2010 2:59 AM PST
    i've been tryin to get me a co-pilot that can shoot photos from the back seat, guess i scare'em!

I have this really cool tri-pod that has bendy legs that wrap around and grip the handlebars and a camera with a remote control. Since I ride my own and my hubby is not interested in taking pics--this is the only way I get them taken! Got it at Wal-Mart.
    • 19034 posts
    January 24, 2010 4:00 AM PST
    cnciaco wrote...
    i've been tryin to get me a co-pilot that can shoot photos from the back seat, guess i scare'em!

I have this really cool tri-pod that has bendy legs that wrap around and grip the handlebars and a camera with a remote control. Since I ride my own and my hubby is not interested in taking pics--this is the only way I get them taken! Got it at Wal-Mart.

I have a couple of those tripods too. One brand name is 'Gorrila Pod', I keep one in my camera bag at all times. They are great for traveling.

• 2 posts
    January 26, 2010 12:34 AM PST
    Scenery is everywhere
  • January 26, 2010 1:23 PM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Scenery is everywhere

Very good point Savage.  Just that everyone is in such a hurry anymore most scenery just goes un-noticed.

• January 28, 2010 7:39 AM PST
    chywolf wrote...
    I think this fella is on the road that goes over to Wolfhounds place........

such is the life in rural Montana
     What fella? I dont see anything!
  • February 7, 2010 10:01 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...

Yes these were taken last Tuesday on the way to Laughlin. We decided to take the scenic route through 29 Palms and then straight across the desert to Needles. I agree that the desert is a beautiful place - even though a lot of people can't see it. It was 118º when I took that picture, that's why I opted for the new hair cut!

Hey! That looks like Florida with Mountains....... lol
    • 19034 posts
    February 8, 2010 12:00 AM PST

Hey the highest point in FL is 345 feet. I guess that is why the call you Flat Lander...
  • g
    February 9, 2010 2:43 AM PST
    nice tail tidy !!
    • 844 posts
    February 9, 2010 2:47 AM PST
    Looks like they should of made this road go straight up and over!

• February 9, 2010 2:52 AM PST
    Yall got mountains, I got swamps..........