Favorite saying or quote....

• March 5, 2011 3:00 AM PST
    We all have favorite sayings or quotes, so I'm just curious as to what they are. I'll start off, as this one has always stayed with me......

" Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."  Unk

• 19004 posts
    March 5, 2011 3:27 AM PST
    Wow, there are so many. One of mine that comes to mind immediately is attributed to Korczak Ziolkowski, the sculptor who along with Lakota Chief Henry Standing Bear started the Crazy Horse Memorial in 1948.

"Never Forget Your Dreams." and I add to that "But, you have to get off your butt and make them happen."
    • 0 posts
    March 5, 2011 6:20 AM PST
    My favorite quote was from Clint Eastwood. "A mans gotta know his limitations"..The other one is by The Duke from the movie True Grit.."Fill your hand you son of a bitch"..I try to live by the first one and have a few times in bars used the second one..CHEERS BOOF
  • March 5, 2011 6:27 AM PST
    "All you need for happiness is a good horse, a good gun, and a good wife." Daniel Boone
    " Throughout the day no time for memorandums now. Go ahead! Liberty and independence forever."Davy Crockett

• 9 posts
    March 5, 2011 7:01 AM PST
    "This to shall pass"...
  • March 5, 2011 7:26 AM PST
    BOOF wrote...
    My favorite quote was from Clint Eastwood. "A mans gotta know his limitations"..The other one is by The Duke from the movie True Grit.."Fill your hand you son of a bitch"..I try to live by the first one and have a few times in bars used the second one..CHEERS BOOF

BOOF rocks!.....

• March 5, 2011 7:30 AM PST

Nobody can make you feel inferior
    wothout your consent...Elanor Roosefelt....

• 1516 posts
    March 5, 2011 8:59 AM PST
    Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW.... WHAT A RIDE !!!
    and
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Both are my favs..
  • March 5, 2011 10:11 AM PST
    No one gets out of here alive- Jim Morrison
  • March 5, 2011 10:33 AM PST
    From my dad: "I like it when the President is from one party, and the congress from the other. It proves that government works best when government does nothing."
  • March 6, 2011 1:32 AM PST
    History is what we choose to remember...Don't confuse that with the truth.
    • 16795 posts
    March 6, 2011 1:23 PM PST
    “You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.”
    Ken Kesey
    • 5417 posts
    March 6, 2011 2:01 PM PST
    There are three sayings I have always lived by...

"The only time you're gauranteed to be right is when you say you can't"

"Success is not having everything you want, it's not having anything you don't want"

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback"

• March 6, 2011 9:52 PM PST
    I used to tell all the players I coached in Little League baseball and Pop Warner football " that I would rather have a bunch of doctors and lawyers as former players than one professional sports star".
    • 1780 posts
    March 9, 2011 5:40 AM PST
    From the movie Tombstone.......I'm coming and I'm bringing Hell with me!......Actually that is a partical quote I believe from the Bible.
    • 846 posts
    March 9, 2011 8:14 AM PST
    The Truth shouldn't hurt unless it ought to.
    • 1161 posts
    March 10, 2011 2:02 PM PST
    I tryed to live with these motos:

It is better to have it and not need it, Then need it and not have it.
    Think of it as every one is trying to get you, Then just try to avoid them.
    If you dont wan't to know the truth then dont ask me.

And I love that movie ND,

I'm your Huckelberry. haha
  • March 18, 2011 2:29 AM PDT
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."
    -General Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"
    Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, 4 june 1918.

"If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday"

I don’t remember who seed the last one, but its true .
  • March 27, 2011 11:44 PM PDT
    "Being a nudist isn't about sex.... It's about freedom !!" ....me
  • March 28, 2011 6:22 AM PDT
    . . ......I have a few

....you cant believe everything you see on the internet.. - Abraham Lincoln

. ....go to Heaven for the climate. . ....Hell for the company.. - Mark Twain

. .....Id rather have a bottle in front of me. ......then a frontal labotomy.. - Tom Waits

~ Timbr  ...
    • 3006 posts
    March 28, 2011 7:33 AM PDT
    "Lovers like Bee's make life sweet"...ancient graffitti written on a wall in the ancient city of Pompei..which brings to mind my other favorite...

"He Conquers who endures"..written by a Greek scholar in the 5th Century.BC..

all time favorite movie quote..""Badges?!?! Badges??!!..we don need no stinkin badges!!!"""..LOL..
    not sure of the title of the movie?? crap I know the mad cow is already setting in !
    • 0 posts
    March 28, 2011 8:49 AM PDT
    Its better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man
    • 9 posts
    March 28, 2011 9:55 AM PDT
    I have met the enemy and he is us.....Pogo
    • 0 posts
    May 8, 2011 10:45 AM PDT
    If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his arse so much
    Willie Nelson
    • 1516 posts