Where the Weather is Harsh

• February 4, 2011 10:15 AM PST
    Let’s remember to pray for those utility workers that are out there working very hard in this harsh weather to get your power going and keep it going. And trying to clear the roads and keep them safe for those that have to travel. A BIG THANKS TO YOU GUYS WE APPRECATE YOU VERY MUCH.
  • February 4, 2011 9:49 PM PST
    MartyJerryVtx wrote...
    Let’s remember to pray for those utility workers that are out there working very hard in this harsh weather to get your power going and keep it going. And trying to clear the roads and keep them safe for those that have to travel. A BIG THANKS TO YOU GUYS WE APPRECATE YOU VERY MUCH.

• 202 posts
    February 4, 2011 11:35 PM PST
    Most definately. We forget HOW much we appreciate them until OUR power is out!
    • 2 posts
    February 5, 2011 12:09 AM PST
    These workers have a tough job getting out and about much less working in harsh conditions when they do get to the job at hand. Stay safe.
  • February 5, 2011 12:13 AM PST
    Agree some folks go out of their way to keep others warm and safe during bad weather. "HATS OFF TO THESE FOLKS " Webby
  • February 5, 2011 1:27 AM PST
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! take em some coffe the next time you see em out working in the freezin temps or ice water when its extremely hot. youd be surprised at how much they will be appreciative not to mention it will make you all warm and fuzzy inside
  • February 5, 2011 3:55 AM PST
     To all the guys who keep our houses warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The CEO's that these guys all work for that get paid to much and spend my money needlessly on corporate jets and trips with thier families. 
    • 580 posts
    February 7, 2011 6:34 AM PST
    Here here Marty!!!!!!!! Wolfy is right too - I always make em some tea or coffee I see them, not only to keep them warm but to let them know they are appreciated (o:
    • 2 posts
    February 8, 2011 2:59 AM PST
    Thoughtful thread.
    Yeh, hats off to the Utility Workers, Linemen, Plow Crews, . . . who have to go out & expose themselves to the elements.
    +
    A tip of the hat to the paper carriers, 7-11 clerks, Dunk'in Donut crews, . . . who are out & working lousy hours @ lo pay before we are even up, to keep the rest of us @ our appointed tasks.