snowstorms

• 601 posts
    February 2, 2011 8:18 AM PST
    After Boof and the flooding and hurricanes in Australia...I see you guys in the US are getting the worst snowstorms in 80 years !! Stay safe and warm folks, and careful on the roads.
    • 119 posts
    February 2, 2011 9:46 AM PST
    This is what I got.
    • 5417 posts
    February 2, 2011 10:42 AM PST
    Man I remember those days from when I lived in the NE...which is why I live in So California now, and I don't miss it at all.. Like Rory said, I hope everyone stays warn and more importantly safe!!!
    • 58 posts
    February 2, 2011 10:59 AM PST
    My truck.  I haven't moved for 2 days now.  Doesn't look too bad but have ice under the snow.  If I can't get out in one jump, I'll be worse off than I am now.

• February 2, 2011 11:19 AM PST
    Well, all I can say is that NC dodged a bullet this time. It all went north of us. Good for us...bad for the people up north and thru the midwest. We don't usually get the snow, just ice storms. I'd rather have just the snow.
    • 910 posts
    February 2, 2011 11:27 AM PST
    With the flash freeze we got after the snow there is ice on top of the snow packing it down and making it heavier. Roofs are caving in and buildings collapsing under the weight.
  • February 2, 2011 11:50 AM PST
    Its cold here in North Texas and Dallas is too cool.  could be forties for the SB..  Was 9 this am 
    • 16795 posts
    February 2, 2011 4:07 PM PST
    The weather people seem to have forgotten the Winter of 1977 - 1978.
    • 58 posts
    February 2, 2011 4:12 PM PST
    I remember that winter. While we had some heavy snowfall in Oklahoma, we didn't have these blindingly cold temps.
  • February 2, 2011 7:46 PM PST
    Where has Al Gore and all the global warming folks been lately? I have not seen that Global weather expert/TennesseeSenator/VP since he won that big award they gave him.
  • February 2, 2011 11:27 PM PST
    31 deg this mornin'. I have heard of roller coasters, but this is ridiciculous! It was 65 deg yesterday morning!
  • February 3, 2011 12:43 AM PST
    we got a lot of ice under the snow
  • February 3, 2011 1:00 AM PST
    We got 20.6 inches in Chicago and some of the drifts out here are almost 6 feet tall! It was the first time I got the day of work because of the weather. That was Tuesday and Wednesday. Today is the arctic cold. This morning's commute was -4, and the high for today is forcasted at 6.
    • 202 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:52 AM PST
    It is certainly the winter to remember here in New England

Roofers will be in high demand this spring!

Driving on the side streets is crazy!          Can't see anything, the snow banks are so tall.  I don't have anywhere else to put snow!  The bank at the end of my driveway is close to 7 feet tall.  I can't throw it up there anymore!   I have wood coming tomorrow (thank God, will be using my last sticks today).  I don't know what to do with the wood... i have no where to put it!    Icicles are mad crazy!  My poor dogs are going stir crazy  ::: as am I :::

I am going to take some pictures today... too impressive not to!

But besides all the bullshit.. these are the things i am grateful for! 

I'm glad that i have my bike in a sheltered garage! 
    I am grateful that i have a job to slush my way to.
    i am grateful that they DO plow (can't blame them for having no where ot put the snow!)
    i am grateful that i have cabinates with canned goods.
    i am grateful that i have shelter.    Remember the homeless...  

• February 3, 2011 3:00 AM PST
    our countries S.O.S/ Sateliteveiw of the storm
  • February 3, 2011 3:05 AM PST
    we got 22"( i think is what the grand total was) but we also had 3/4" of ice under that and subzero temps with -10 degrees overnight last night.BBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! i have now missed 3 days of work with tomorrow not looking any better cabinets are startin to look pretty bare but hopefully will be able to get to the store later today if not thn we will have to come up with an alternative means of food. farmers cows behind us are startin to look pretty tasty lol now where did i put that cross bow at?lol J/K
    • 202 posts
    February 3, 2011 3:22 AM PST
    Wow... satelite pictures are impressive! 

Here's my front yard! 
    • 58 posts
    February 3, 2011 7:34 AM PST
    Wow! Makes things down this way look pretty wimpy! Am now just North of OK / TX line and almost 0 snow. Is downright balmy compared to what it was 150 miles North of here.
  • February 3, 2011 11:49 PM PST
    19 degrees and snow of 6 inches in Terrell, Tx. Still snowing. Just in time to help the Super Bowl teams and Fans feel right at home. If they can get in town. Air port is delayed and restricted. C O O O L!!
  • February 4, 2011 12:13 AM PST
    I miss Hawaii
    • 58 posts
    February 4, 2011 1:37 AM PST
    Was dispatched at 0800 to go Grant, OK to Monroe, LA by 1300. I asked if they were high. Said I might be able to get there today, maybe. Load canceled, now am in Paris....12" and still snowing.
    • 1780 posts
    February 4, 2011 2:41 AM PST
    All Squad cars are grounded until futher notice............
    Dragon

• 19004 posts
    February 4, 2011 8:56 AM PST
    Yo Kenny, I was thinking about you and all the others from central to north Texas. I spent a good part of the morning watching the local Houston news. What a freakin mess. They got a lot of sleet and freezing rain. Riley and I just hunkered down inside Roz and kept warm. Here is hoping it all clears soon.

BTW I heard they postponed the Willie concert. Were you going to work that?
  • February 5, 2011 1:40 AM PST
    we got another 3" of the white crap yesterday. when will it end??????????????????????????????????????????
  • February 6, 2011 1:04 AM PST

I dont know how much more of this global warming I can take,now it's being called global climate change cause the nut jobs realize they are wrong.