American Bald Eagle

• 19007 posts
    January 18, 2011 2:14 AM PST
    THis was sent to me by a friend. I had to share it with you all.

• January 18, 2011 4:02 AM PST
    • 580 posts
    January 18, 2011 5:00 AM PST
    How cool is that (o:
  • January 18, 2011 5:18 AM PST
    Very cool! we had a nesting pair that were in the woods behind my unit in Florida. I never got tired of looking at them thru binoculars. It was always cool to watch them fly thru the air with a fish in their talons.
    • 846 posts
    January 18, 2011 7:51 AM PST
    Thanks, It cool to see them fly, There making a come back here in the North East too and when you see one you just can take your eyes off them.
    • 1 posts
    January 18, 2011 8:46 AM PST
    Kayaking buddies and I float the South Branch of the Potomac River and the Capapon River and we seem to always follow a Bald Eagle or two down the river, pretty nice to see. Can never get the camera out in time to take a shot.
  • January 18, 2011 12:39 PM PST
    • 223 posts
    January 19, 2011 2:11 AM PST
    Beautiful, but it breaks my heart to see him living the way he does. I've worked with raptors when I was a wildlife rehabber and as well meaning as folks are when they take a baby eagle, hawk, owl, etc., they've destroyed their freedom when they don't contact a handler or rehabber who can prepare the bird for release. As amazing and awesome as this bird in the video is, and even though he portrays the strength, freedom, and ingenuity of America and her citizens... it's brings me to tears to watch it because I see a captive. I don't mean to be a wet rag on such a beautiful video, but I'm also one who doesn't hold her tongue so I do appreciate the beginning of the video where it talks about well meaning folks and the consequences of their actions.

Going back to my corner... home sick from work so pouting a little but still gonna share the video.