Motorcycle Wind Chill Chart

• January 16, 2011 5:59 AM PST
     If you're riding in the winter and don't have a fairing on your bike, you might want to check out Brukus Motorcycle Parts' WingShields for Harleys and Metrics.

Go here to see a Motorcycle Wind Chill Chart developed by the National Center for Atmospheric Research.

Stay Warm and Keep the Rubber Side Down!

The Big Brukus
    brukus.com
    info@brukus.com
  • January 16, 2011 7:10 AM PST
    I can measure the wind chill with my dip stick,it gets smaller with every drop in the temperature
    • 580 posts
    January 17, 2011 7:11 AM PST
    jake wrote...
    I can measure the wind chill with my dip stick,it gets smaller with every drop in the temperature

and the one on your bike too ????? 
  • January 17, 2011 3:29 PM PST
    Chart was kinda interesting. It appears that at speeds greater than 40mph, there is zero increase in wind chill factor. Also, with air temps above 90F, a wind speed of 10+mph actually makes it feel warmer instead of cooler (5deg F hotter feeling at just 30mph @ air temp=100F)?
    • 846 posts
    January 18, 2011 6:30 AM PST
    All I know is when my joints freeze in a riding position it time to put away for a while.
  • January 18, 2011 6:46 AM PST
    When my left knee hurts, its cold. When my face and neck turn bright red its hot, i don't need a chart to tell me this but it was interesting though thanks for the science info.
  • January 28, 2011 12:20 AM PST
    Didn't realize that at a certain point it actually got hotter at highway speed. Guess I been living in the cold to long... ned to go ride where it's over 100 degrees.
    • 202 posts
    January 30, 2011 1:31 AM PST
    jake wrote...

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode...   "George's Shrinkage"...   lmao  

• 0 posts
    February 1, 2011 11:33 AM PST
    It is a nice Balmy -7 degree's with the wind chill as I head for home. Good thing for heated gear!
  • February 4, 2011 7:01 AM PST
    If it's too cold (the ice scraping kind), I don't ride. If it is just cold, usual leather and heavier gloves. If its warm, my usual protection. If it's hot, the cool vest goes on under my mesh jacket and its on the road. Chart? What chart.
  • February 4, 2011 7:02 AM PST
    Seriously, I paid attention to the charts in Alaska. Down here, not so much.
    • 9 posts
    February 5, 2011 4:27 AM PST
    Wearing chaps actually channels the cold air, right to "that" spot. Riding in a cold rain, jeez, I thought the hands and feet were the first things to get cold...not so. Shiver me timbers!!!
    Ride Free (and warm)
    Tweek
    • 9 posts
    February 5, 2011 4:28 AM PST
    Wearing chaps actually channels the cold air, right to "that" spot. Riding in a cold rain, jeez, I thought the hands and feet were the first things to get cold...not so. Shiver me timbers!!!
    Ride Free (and warm)
    Tweek
  • February 5, 2011 4:59 AM PST
    Yup Tweek, there are pluses amd minuses to wearing chaps....