Be careful out there....

• January 4, 2011 2:44 AM PST
    Real bummer....Don't have to worry about cold..can't ride for a bit. Did a simple thing like picking up a small platter from the counter. Got a deep muscle pull in right shoulder for my trouble. Tried to ride a bit last weekend and shoulder and arm pain shut that down real quick. Doc has me on steroids and some gooooooood pain pills. If that don't work, then PT. If that don't work, MRI. Don't want/need it to go that far.  I freely admit to being a charter member of the OFG (Old Fart Group), but this is just plain crazy!  LOL!

So all, be careful out there. The smallest thing can backfire on ya.  
  • January 4, 2011 3:48 AM PST
    I hope you feel better soon!
    • 834 posts
    January 4, 2011 3:49 AM PST
    Well that don't sound like much fun at all...except maybe for the pain pills

Hope you heal up real soon and can get back on the road!!!!
    • 846 posts
    January 4, 2011 4:55 AM PST
    Those are the worst kind no real good story that goes with them, I know I had my share of them. Take care and hope your on the road soon.
    • 580 posts
    January 4, 2011 9:20 AM PST
    Hope it clears soon - big hugs (o:
  • January 4, 2011 10:01 AM PST
    As soon as your done with the pain pills you can do some 12oz curls,to build up muscle strenght of course.
  • January 4, 2011 12:24 PM PST
    Sorry to hear that. Heal up soon.. Goes under the chit happens file.. On the brighter side its not the middle of spring and laid up...
    • 9 posts
    January 4, 2011 1:33 PM PST
    Do what the Doc orders you to do. And don't try to use it too soon. It's not something you want to "test the waters" with. Whatya got goin' on there is a partial tear. Let it heal. If you don't, it will abrubt totally and then...well, let's just say the surgery isn't a sure thing, They usually give that about a 40% chance of a positive outcome. Try to keep it immobile until the pain is ALL gone. Trust me on this. RIDE PAIN FREE
    Tweek
  • January 4, 2011 1:40 PM PST
    Oh, I'm doin' that Tweek. The ride was before I went to the doc. Starting to feel a little better already....not needing the pain pills half as much. I'll run the course of directions and hope for the best. Got my fingers crossed. Thanks!!!!!!!
  • January 4, 2011 1:41 PM PST
    Oh, I'm doin' that Tweek. The ride was before I went to the doc. Starting to feel a little better already....not needing the pain pills half as much. I'll run the course of directions and hope for the best. Got my fingers crossed. Thanks!!!!!!!
  • January 4, 2011 1:41 PM PST
  • January 4, 2011 1:44 PM PST
    Man, this laptop is a piece of junk. Sorry bout the multiple replies.
  • January 4, 2011 8:37 PM PST
    if it were me i would get it taken care of now that way when it does warm up enough to ride you will be able to get out and enjoy it instead of watching everyone else out and cussin em lol just sayin
  • January 5, 2011 1:48 PM PST
    I broke my leg a few years back riding a bicycle! The best part of the whole thing was the morphine the paramedics gave me! See, every gray cloud has a silver lining!