Redwood Run 2011

• 3006 posts
    June 13, 2011 4:44 AM PDT
    It sounds like a great run,maybe next year !!! Havent been to a rally since last july,being broke dont help..!!..LOL
  • June 13, 2011 5:14 AM PDT
    I agree, the new site blows the old one away (or maybe the old site just blows).

In any case, the rally was incredible.

Kudos to Redwood Kiwanis.

Let's do it again!!!
  • June 13, 2011 4:37 PM PDT
    I totally agree Rex! Love the site at Bowman Ranch. Kiwanis did an incredible job.
    Thank you all of my friends at Cyclefish and BikerCrap for being a friend and letting me hang out and camp with you all!! You are the best.
    Your wild and crazy friend on the coast, Cavewoman
    • 5419 posts
    June 13, 2011 5:03 PM PDT
    The new venue was great, but with all the great people we had there the event could have been held anywhere and been a real good time. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing all my old friends, and meeting so many new ones. And it was really great to see so many CycleFish members there, plus the amount of non-members who came up and thanked us for getting the word out about the Redwood Run when everyone was so confused.

I have uploaded the first batch of pictures here...
    2011 Redwood Run General Photos. These are the general run pictures. I will upload all of the pictures of the CycleFish people tomorrow and also do a blog about the event.

Again, thank you to everyone who showed up and supported the "New" Original Redwood Run, and to those who didn't make it - you WILL want to be there next year.

BTW total count was I believe around 2,200 people!
  • June 13, 2011 6:00 PM PDT
    2200 is not a bad turnout at all considering the challenges they faced just to make it happen.

Like I said elsewhere, if you didn't make it to the run, jusrt go hang your head and cry.

Advice for next year: If you are interested at all in going, buy your tickets EARLY as it WILL sell out.
  • June 14, 2011 12:46 AM PDT
    Ditto what others have posted about the rally and new site. Hats off to the Kiwanis, and all others who helped, in putting on a great event. And to my buddy Lucky, at Cyclefish .... thanks for clearing the air and getting the word out to everyone about the rally, it was a HUGE help to everyone!
    • 19007 posts
    June 14, 2011 1:15 AM PDT
    Surely a bummer that the stars did not allow me to attend. Hoping for a more fortunate alignment next year.
  • DW
    June 14, 2011 4:06 PM PDT
    Hey, Was that Sammy Hagar hanging out at the years Redwood Run?
    • 1516 posts
    June 14, 2011 4:47 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Surely a bummer that the stars did not allow me to attend. Hoping for a more fortunate alignment next year.

I sure hope so, I would love to meet up with you in person!!!

• 1364 posts
    June 15, 2011 1:27 AM PDT
    DW wrote...

Only he know for sure  

• June 15, 2011 12:21 PM PDT
    Does anyone have the web-site that was posted on the booth selling 2011 Redwood run shirts.......  They ran out of selected sizes and said we could purchase on-line.   Went to the site we bought tickets on and could not find anything with regards to purchasing shirts.

Thanks,

Bigwheel69
  • June 15, 2011 12:44 PM PDT
    http://www.kiwanisrwr.com/ The Tee shirt sales aren't up yet but they be soon
    • 5419 posts
    June 15, 2011 1:41 PM PDT
    DW wrote...

Please direct all questions regarding Sammy sightings to Russ at BikerCrap

• 5419 posts
    June 16, 2011 5:06 AM PDT
    I put up an album 2011 Redwood Run - CycleFish People.  Feel free to tag yourself in the photos so we know we got you!
    • 1364 posts
    June 16, 2011 5:30 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    DW wrote...

Please direct all questions regarding Sammy sightings to Russ at BikerCrap

• 5419 posts
    June 17, 2011 3:34 AM PDT
    I can definitely see how that started.

• 844 posts
    June 19, 2011 4:21 PM PDT
    That does look a lot like Sammy Hagar.

From the pictures and the stories it sounds like ya'll had a great time. It's pretty damn far for me and we do have lots of great rallies down here in Texas, but this sounds like the best place to meet lots of CycleFish folk.

Maybe one year I'll make it out there. Sounds like it is going to go on.
    • 844 posts
    June 19, 2011 4:23 PM PDT
    Why are there two Redwood Run topics...ya'll trying to confuse us ?
    • 1516 posts
    June 19, 2011 5:14 PM PDT
    I think that the person who started the second one, didn't know that there was another one. She just signed up.
    • 5419 posts
    June 20, 2011 3:05 AM PDT
    Would love to see ya there next year GoFur. It is a great event and a real good time to meet lots of CF people.

• June 23, 2011 5:14 AM PDT
    Redwood Run 2011 Tank tops, t-shirts, 3/4 sleeve (baseball shirts), hoodies and run pins are now available on-line at our website www.kiwanisrwr.com, for those of you that forgot or were unable to get shirts and run pins at the event.  If you have ANY problem with ordering on-line please send me an email with your phone number and best time to call at: kiwanisoftheredwoods@yahoo.com and I will take your order over the phone.  
    Thank you all so much for the support you have given us for this years run and for years to come!!! 
    Danielle Whitmore
    President of Kiwanis of the Redwoods 2009-2012

• June 23, 2011 5:17 AM PDT
    Bigwheel69 wrote...
    Does anyone have the web-site that was posted on the booth selling 2011 Redwood run shirts.......  They ran out of selected sizes and said we could purchase on-line.   Went to the site we bought tickets on and could not find anything with regards to purchasing shirts.

Thanks,

Bigwheel69

They are available now!!!!  www.kiwanisrwr.com  ; Thanks for your support!!!!