Redwood Run 2011

• March 17, 2011 6:31 PM PDT
    been to the redwood run quite q few times...it seems to have quieted down and dropped off the last few years.. if they do have it this year, I will be there. I am just over the pass east of there (just east of Redding), so it is a nice short ride there. it is onlt about 160 miles for me, but the mountain pass is a great ride
    • 13 posts
    March 18, 2011 8:53 AM PDT
    Tried reaching out to the Kiwanis again this week to see if we could help promote the NEW run, but as usual no response. I am really afraid with all the info out there on the old run being camnceled this year, that unless they do something to get the word out, attendance will be very low!

We will continue to do all we can to spread the word that the RUN IS HAPPENING...just a new name and new location!
    • 1364 posts
    March 18, 2011 9:05 PM PDT
    I received a reply from a message I sent to the Kiwanis on FB and the reply was
    "Redwood Kiwanis March 18 at 4:13pm Report
    Thanks Jeff, as soon as a few particulars are sorted out, I will call Ron!
  • March 22, 2011 12:22 PM PDT
    well still no tickets yet. i am Truly wondering if this run is going to happen ?
    • 19007 posts
    March 23, 2011 12:11 AM PDT
    I am getting a bit concerned too. I will send an email to my contact and see if I can glean some info.
    • 1364 posts
    March 24, 2011 12:36 AM PDT
    Kiwanis Original Redwood Run Schedule
    Friday
    7:00- Gates Open
    8:00-9:00- Kiwanis/Piercy VFD Breakfast
    10:00- T-shirt & Vendor Booths Open
    11:00-12:30- Band (TBA)
    12:00-2:00- BBQ Lunch/Games & Bike Show Sign-In
    3:00-4:30- The Nestburys/Games & Show
    5:00-7:00- BBQ Dinner
    7:00-8:30- Amanda Gray
    9:00-10:30- Charlie Brechtel Band
    11:00-12:30- Fryed Brothers Band
    1:00-2:00- Band (TBA)

Saturday
    8:00-9:00- Kiwanis/Piercy VFD Breakfast
    10:00-4:00- Games/Show/Wet T-Shirt
    4:00-5:00- Band (TBA)/Raffle
    5:00-8:00- BBQ Dinner (not included)
    8:30-10:00- Kaye Bohler Band
    10:30-12:00- Tommy Castro Band
    12:30-2:00- Band (TBA)

Sunday
    7:00-9:00- CMA Service & Bike Blessing-Kiwanis/Piercy VFD Breakfast
    • 5419 posts
    March 27, 2011 3:46 PM PDT
    Latest Scoop on the 2011 Redwood Run!!!

Just had a conversation with Danielle of the Redwood Kiwanis and can now clear up some of the questions...

Tickets will be $90 per person and will be available on their website later this week.

There will be NO police security inside the venue. Security is being handled by a private security and the CMA.

Burly Man will be back as the host and running the famous Wet T-Shirt Contest!

And most important.....
    They will assist us in securing a CycleFish campsite large enough for all CycleFish members to camp together!!!

They are going to try to work on some type of venue map and post it prior to the event. They are still working out the areas for vending, games, camping, etc.

Danielle and the entire Kiwanis of the Redwoods group wanted me to thank everyone for their patience. This is their first year of handling all aspects of the event themselves and they really wanted to make sure everything was done right before releasing the information. 

We have also scheduled our CycleFish Meet & Greet for Saturday, 4:00pm at the CycleFish Camp.

Be sure to RSVP on the Redwood Run event listing so we know who to look for!!!

• 1364 posts
    March 28, 2011 1:58 AM PDT
      it's getting closer
    • 5419 posts
    April 1, 2011 4:00 AM PDT
    Just have to go to sleep and wake up 70 more times before we head out to the Redwood Run!!!

Looks like we are getting a pretty good size group of CycleFish people going this year.  If you haven't done so already, be sure to RSVP on the Redwood Run Event Listing

Note: There has been a delay in the Kiwanis getting the advance ticket sales up on their website.  They are working on it and will have the tickets available in plenty of time for everyone to get them!

• April 8, 2011 4:20 PM PDT
    I guess it's going to be a (pay at the door event) W0W
  • April 8, 2011 6:53 PM PDT
    That's fine with me......as long as there's actually a door/gate to pay at!
  • April 9, 2011 2:29 AM PDT
    well i am kinda wondering if there is going to be a event ?
    • 1516 posts
    April 9, 2011 2:36 AM PDT
    Yes there is going to be an event. Since this is the first year that the Kiwanis are doing it all themselves, they are running a little behind with a couple things, but they assure us that there will be an event.
    • 1364 posts
    April 9, 2011 4:54 AM PDT
    Hell ya there is going to be an event, This is going to be I believe one of the largest CycleFish meet and greets to date
    • 19007 posts
    April 10, 2011 1:14 AM PDT
    All roads will lead to Garberville in June, for me at least.
    • 1516 posts
    April 10, 2011 3:50 AM PDT
    Danielle Whitmore Young
    Hey Folks!

Tickets are set to go on sale April 22nd. We are anxiously waiting for our permits to be accepted by the county. When that happens, we will be able to sell the tickets.

Please check out all the new music signed up on our website www.kiwanisrwr.com. />
    The on-site camping available is prime camping grounds!!! Lots of grass and shade will make for wonderful campsites. The parking is going to be approximately 100 yards from the event, and the event is just a few yards from the river.

The Bowman Ranch is just on the Mendocino/Humboldt county lines right off highway 101. We request no early arrivals, as there is absolutely no spot to park or camp on the highway entrance. Please make this a safe event and do not park on the highway. The gates will be opening to vendors/concessions on Thursday June 9th, from 2pm-10pm. And the gates will be open at 9am on Friday June 10th to all riders. Please do not start lining up prior to 9am!!!

Danielle Whitmore Young
    Ticket prices will be $90 presale and $100 at the gate. We are only able to sell 3000 tickets and we do anticipate a sell-out. The ticket price does include tent camping, but does not include meals. We will have many concessions to choose from, so there will be a lot of food to purchase, as well as beer, mixed drinks, etc. We will be having biker games on Saturday including a wet t-shirt contest!

We are so excited to be going back to the roots of the Original Redwood Run, where all the money raised by the non-profits does go back to the community and the children of our area! The Kiwanis of the Redwoods have been giving out approximately $10,000 a year in scholarships to our graduating seniors, and providing over 150 needy families with toys for their children at Christmas time, we would love to double it this year!!! Please help us in doing this and support The Kiwanis of the Redwoods!
    Please do not hesitate to e-mail us with any questions or clarifications.

We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you all in June!!

• 1516 posts
    April 10, 2011 5:40 AM PDT
    Ok so I just booked a room at Motel Garberville for Wednesday and Thursday before the event. Now I can ride the beautiful back roads of the area and stay all weekend with my friends!! This just may be the best event yet!!
    • 19007 posts
    April 11, 2011 1:24 AM PDT
    debrajo62 wrote...
    Ok so I just booked a room at Motel Garberville for Wednesday and Thursday before the event. Now I can ride the beautiful back roads of the area and stay all weekend with my friends!! This just may be the best event yet!!

Hey Deb and everyone else going. We have reserved our RV site for June 6th arrival and staying until the 18th. Maybe we can get some riding before and after. RIley wants to meet all the Ladies, He loves Ladies, I wonder where he learned that???

• 5419 posts
    April 12, 2011 2:03 AM PDT
    We will be up in the area on Thursday night also. Starting to sound like a pre-party is in the works!!!
    • 1516 posts
    April 12, 2011 2:24 AM PDT
    Party at my place!! Yeah! Can't wait to met Riley and you in person
  • April 14, 2011 11:05 AM PDT
    We will be there Thursday afternoon we also have a few rooms in Garberville. i think we should plan some type of pre party for Thursday evening ?
  • April 14, 2011 11:25 AM PDT
    Hey So will Deener and I
    • 5419 posts
    April 14, 2011 3:06 PM PDT
    We will definitely plan something for Thursday night. We will come up with a meeting place and time as it gets a little closer!
    • 1364 posts
    April 15, 2011 3:20 AM PDT
    I got a room in Garberville 2
  • April 19, 2011 12:37 PM PDT
     All i have found is it is saying 2012