Hug a Vet today if at all possible!!!

• November 11, 2010 12:50 AM PST
    To me, there is no greater sacrifice one can do, than to volunteer & serve your country...For those who have been lost, you will never be forgotten. For those currently serving, Thank You just does not seem to be enough. If you can't hug a Veteran, Hug a family member of one who has served or is serving...It will warm your heart like no body's business!!!

• 19007 posts
    November 11, 2010 1:14 AM PST
    Great post Pnut! Those guys and gals deserve all.
  • November 11, 2010 1:33 AM PST
    Saw this & is sooo very true....

It is the veteran, not the preacher,

who has given us freedom of religion...

It is the veteran, not the reporter,
    who has given us freedom of the press...

It is the veteran, not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech."

Remember veterans on this important day. God Bless our Veterans & their families!!!!!!!!!
  • November 11, 2010 1:37 AM PST
    As a Retired Airforce veteran I'd like to thank you for coming up with your brilliant Idea Pnut. And is it just me or does it seem like the observance of veterans day in this country has turned into a whatever holiday. Businesses are all open and there are no more parades etc. When I was growing up in the 60's and 70 's it was a big deal and there were parades with veterans in convertibles etc. My dad was grand marshal one year in a parade on veterans day, he was wearing his old Army uniform with medals from Korea and everything. When I informed my new boss last week that I never worked on veterans day, he couldn't believe it and said "what for its just Veterans day and nobody takes that day off". Well I asked him if he spoke German or Japanese or was a Muslim. He said no with a puzzled look on his face and I said well it was because of Veterans of the military that he was allowed to be free and speak whatever language he wanted. We don't have to agree in this country with what our Military is doing overseas but at least you have the rights to disagree with them. Thank a Veteran for those rights today and be thankful you dont have to learn Japanese. LOL
  • November 11, 2010 1:46 AM PST
    Thank you for your service as well Wheels...My family has served & is serving currently as well, as have I. I had a wonderful boss several years back who when Veterans Day came around, she INSISTED, I take the day off. So hopefully all is not lost....I live outside the Atlanta area, and there are parades & events happening...Went on a ride Tuesday thru the N. GA mtns & there was acknowledgement in quite a few places...HOWEVER I do agree this generation needs a kick in the ass to open their eyes & the realization on what their fellow men & women have sacrificed for this country, where the LOVE their freedom to express whatever their views are....
  • November 11, 2010 9:28 AM PST
    It is a shame that it has become a whatever holiday, but at least in my town we still have the parade and man eople come out to show support.