It's no wonder Buell shut down! LOL

• November 4, 2009 11:58 AM PST
    HD has 34 bikes introduced for 2010...
    HD never really needed Buells in the first place, not to take anything away from Erik Buell, he really turned the GP world on its head with his innovations and when they introduced the 1125r which most recently took the AMA!

As of October 15th 2009 the Buell Motorcycle Division of Harley Davidson stopped production of all Buell models, including the 1125r motorcycles.

But I see it this way, Harley Davidson hasn't been in business over 100 year by being stupid. They used to make Golf Carts and dirt bikes, but when push came to shove Harley knew what had to go and what they needed to focus on. We've lived just fine without Shovelheads and Evos as well. I think HD will keep doing what it does... selling great American motorcycles and thumbing there nose at the import markets who have to make lawn mowers and guitars to survive the winter months.
    • 83 posts
    November 4, 2009 12:36 PM PST
    Well put!
  • g
    November 5, 2009 12:42 AM PST
    buell were no my cup o tea ,i know a lass in aberdeen that has one ,it shakes her to bits when she rides it ,maybee that why she likes the thing ?? but i will say id have one o them b4 i had HD ?? just my thoughts .im a sports bike kinda guy .no to much HD around my way like .
    • 467 posts
    November 5, 2009 4:27 AM PST
    I did love my Buell X1 Lightning, however, it DID shake me to BITS. After 2 shoulder surgeries I had to give it up--I moved onto my Fatboy and never regretted it. But I do miss my sport bike, it was just too fun!
  • g
    November 5, 2009 4:42 AM PST
    kind o sports bike did u have ?
  • November 5, 2009 4:51 AM PST
    yeah they weren't all that impressive ride wise but they were pretty innovative and all the sport bike companies are copying the Buell design, which I would think would be a sign that Erik Buell will do just fine if he ever quits Harley Davidson.
    • 2 posts
    November 5, 2009 6:20 AM PST
    Had not the Ulysses been invented would have bought a used, air head BMW or maybe a Triumph
    Sorry, ride what pleases you but none of HD offerings are what I want. - (well maybe a sufficiently diddled Sportster) - But ride a scooter because if I wanted to stay on the divided highways I would drive the Mustang (Then I could take the old lady & the dog.)

HD is going thru some really lean times right now bet they wish they had a steady market for something.
  • g
    November 5, 2009 8:11 AM PST
    aye ,get a jap bike ,pure fun and power .
    • 2 posts
    November 6, 2009 10:18 AM PST
    Black 9
    Might want to check this link before assuming that HD management knew what they were doing

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/10/harley-didnt-calculate-savings.html#more />
    They even put Sprotster production on hold
    • 467 posts
    November 6, 2009 10:58 AM PST
    G - My second bike was a Yamaha 600. I was 16. But in my eyes the Buell X-1 Lightning qualified for a sport bike.
  • November 6, 2009 12:18 PM PST
    Ugly Buells you will NOT be missed, good riddance!!! Japaneses sportbikes rule!!!
  • November 6, 2009 6:43 PM PST
    Harley did themselves and the rest of you a favor... that 1125r owned those jap bikes at the AMA. I think a lot of you sport bike riders should be sending HD xmas cards this year.
  • g
    November 8, 2009 7:10 AM PST
    naa ,not in my eyes .ama ??
  • g
    November 8, 2009 7:21 AM PST
    what do u guys call a sports bike this ......
  • g
    November 8, 2009 7:23 AM PST
    or this ,sorry cant see rossi on the buell like.
  • g
    November 8, 2009 7:24 AM PST
    dont think buell will be missed to much eh.
    • 467 posts
    November 8, 2009 7:56 AM PST
    I don't know, I still miss my Buell, I always thought that if they could have gotten rid of the vibration in the handlebars--it would have owned the road! The pick up on that thing was just awesome. Even my grizzled old school Dad couldn't get it out of the parking lot without the front wheel being in the air. After that--even he had to admit he was impressed.
  • g
    November 8, 2009 8:00 AM PST
    dont get me wrong ,ive a pal with a buell ,i do like them ,but i wid no have one .id have a z1000 if i was going to go down that road .
  • g
    November 8, 2009 8:07 AM PST
    the kawasaki z1000 ,this is what id have .
  • g
    November 8, 2009 8:11 AM PST
    almost bought a black one about june time ,1 year old with 13000 miles on her ,was very nice .but top end would not be fast enough for me .wid get the wind to much ,as its not got the fairings .
    • 910 posts
    November 8, 2009 9:07 AM PST
    There was a point in time my son tried to influence me towards the Buells. I thought about it for a bit. I have a cousin who owns one and he's quite happy. But I wasn't fully sold on it. I considered other HDs too. In the end, the bike I have is for deeply personal reasons. More of circusmstances than of choice. I'm happy with what I have even if some people try to persuade me otherwise.

<--- proud owner of a 2003 Suzuki SV1000s Naked

• g
    November 8, 2009 10:43 PM PST
    suzuki sv are TOP BIKES ,good allround bike for a bit sport or travel .
  • g
    November 8, 2009 11:34 PM PST
    or any of these ..
  • g
    November 8, 2009 11:35 PM PST
    or..
  • g
    November 8, 2009 11:37 PM PST
    good old british bikes .a bit small in size for me ,but so would the buell .