How Often Do You Change the Battery on Your Motorcycle

• 3006 posts
    November 16, 2019 6:09 PM PST

Ended up going to a local moto shop,the parts rep there gives me matching prices to stuff online,this way I get it now, spent about $11. more than online price that includes my ca tax,and gave the local guys a bit of profit.Picked up another Yuasa.

• 7 posts
    January 1, 2020 7:46 AM PST

I change out my AGM every stinking time I leve the lights on and then forget and hook it up to the wrong charger
    ( I've read the older chargers should be fine with AGM but that's not my experience )

• 7 posts
    January 1, 2020 7:51 AM PST

[blockquote]ScottSacCa said:

I change out my AGM every stinking time I leve the lights on and then forget and hook it up to the wrong charger
    ( I've read the older chargers should be fine with AGM but that's not my experience )

[/blockquote]

OK. This compelled me to do a little research:
    "...Once the battery’s voltage falls below a certain level, the charger can no longer sense the battery’s presence and will refuse to deliver the current. In some cases this can occur at any point below 10.5 volts. Older and more basic chargers are more prone to this hang-up than newer, fancier models, which are equipped with control circuitry to deal with these issues." -- https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1009-how-to-charge-a-agm-battery/