Doesn't anyone build they’re own bikes any more?

• November 1, 2009 3:08 PM PST

I really enjoy checking out bikes that someone has built themselves. Store bought bikes have no soul. I don’t think a bike needs to be a show bike, it could be a rat or anything in between, but something that you sat down and did a little planning and tinkering with old junk laying around the shop till you have a bike like no other. If you are only buying a bike and riding it you are missing out on the best part of owning a motorcycle. You and the bike become dependant on each other. Oh, what the hell, if I have to explain it you would never understand anyway. Anyone who has built they’re own scoot knows exactly what I’m talking about. I would like to see any pictures of your pride and joy, as long as you built it. Maybe we could get a forum here just for homebuilt bikes, what do ya think?

• 83 posts
    November 1, 2009 10:11 PM PST
    Nah, never built one but would like to in the near furture........
    Prolly gonna be a old triumph build!
  • November 1, 2009 10:35 PM PST
    I bilt both of my bikes and have to tell ya its the only thing that keeps me from not going crazyer in the winters here in Ohio. I am just not happy if I am not riding or working on a bike.  I have allready stargted to tear down my bobber that I did last winter to make  another changes on it. My bikes are a part of me and it gives me great pride when someone tells me they like them. Oh  and another thing I am cheep as hell.    Moose
  • November 2, 2009 5:00 AM PST
    That is my goal someday. Till then I'll enjoy the one I paid for already assembled.
  • November 2, 2009 6:06 PM PST
    Harleybodei wrote...
    Nah, never built one but would like to in the near furture........
    Prolly gonna be a old triumph build!

A cool thing to do with them is to reverse the head, carbs in front and exaust in the rear.

• November 2, 2009 6:22 PM PST
    bullmoose wrote...
    I bilt both of my bikes and have to tell ya its the only thing that keeps me from not going crazyer in the winters here in Ohio. I am just not happy if I am not riding or working on a bike.  I have allready stargted to tear down my bobber that I did last winter to make  another changes on it. My bikes are a part of me and it gives me great pride when someone tells me they like them. Oh  and another thing I am cheep as hell.    Moose

Nice Ironhead, cool springer and the toots
  • November 2, 2009 6:27 PM PST
    hambone wrote...
    That is my goal someday. Till then I'll enjoy the one I paid for already assembled.

Just the fact that it is paid for means alot these days 
  • g
    November 2, 2009 9:05 PM PST
    a guy i know used to have a pair o ducati's he sold them ,now says he wants something diffrent ,says he wants to build a chopper of some sort .
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:17 PM PST
    u see this
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:19 PM PST
    hear,
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:20 PM PST
    and hear.
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:21 PM PST
    and..
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:22 PM PST
    got it .
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:23 PM PST
    sorry ,now ive got it .lol
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:25 PM PST
    and more .
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:25 PM PST
    and some of the paint work
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:26 PM PST
    this is a ladys trike ,her name on the forums is nine of dimonds ,the trike is looking well smart .
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:27 PM PST
    and..
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:29 PM PST
    more.
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:29 PM PST
    and..
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:31 PM PST
    and the tank ,sure u will all agree this bike ,trike looks the dug's chuckies .
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:32 PM PST
    loads o work been done on this .
  • g
    November 2, 2009 11:35 PM PST
    dont have any of the bike all done ,but as soon as i get i will post them up.
  • November 3, 2009 12:52 PM PST
    g wrote...
    this is a ladys trike ,her name on the forums is nine of dimonds ,the trike is looking well smart .
    Excellent paint job
    • 190 posts
    November 3, 2009 2:21 PM PST
    I'd love to build one some day, but right now I dont have a garage. And a list of things I want to do with the one I bought. Maybe one of thease days, my dad brothers and I will ressurect his old Ironhead Sporty, I have a few ideas for it already.