HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NICKNAME?

• 0 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:48 AM PDT
    Gday You Mob...I was just wondering how some of you came about the nicknames you have.. Mine has been with me since birth. I was a rather large baby 14lbs 2 oz when i popped out with a smoke in my mouth and a 6 pack of beer. My old man took one look at me and .in his drunken proud stupper said"Shit have a look at the size of the BOOFHEAD on this kid,He's bloody huge" .Then the nurse picked me up and the dissapointment began.So tell us your story...Cheers BOOF
    • 76 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:54 AM PDT
    14 lbs 2 oz?????    You were born a toddler -- Holy Mother of God!!!!!  Sorry   That just blew me away however!!
    • 580 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:09 AM PDT
    Once of my granddaughters was 13lb 11 oz - and about the size of a 3 month old when she was born. Boof - stop putting yourself down - you're a great guy (o:

I was called Patsy as a kid (though my brother always called me taxi cos he couldn't say Patsy). I never knew until I was 12 that my real name was Patricia.

Chocmintz is because I absolutely adore chocolate mint cremes - well just about anything with a chocolate and mint combination actually - well just anything chocolate if I'm totally honest lol (o:
    • 5419 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:25 AM PDT
    Don't know how I got such a cool nickname... Just Lucky I guess.
    • 1516 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    Well my "nickname" is my name, not much imagination I guess, I just left it to good ole mom and dad..
    • 1 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:42 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    14 lbs 2 oz?????    You were born a toddler -- Holy Mother of God!!!!!  Sorry   That just blew me away however!!

Your poor mother.....   
    • 19007 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:45 AM PDT
    My screen name is actually that of my motorcycle and here is how it breaks down...

my bike is an 04 Road King. (and he can run all day and never get tired, just like a wolf or wild dog.)
    Rex is latin for King and a common name for a Dog

Thus you have Rex the Road Dog

But I have often wondered, what do people with the names Nicohlas and Nicole use for nick names????

• 1066 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:59 AM PDT
    Mine came from my buddies, that I have breakfast with, most every morning. I walk in to the restaurant with my shades still on usually. One of them looks at me one morning and says, What's this, a HOLLYWOOD production. As you can see, Hollywood stuck.
    • 352 posts
    September 22, 2010 11:13 AM PDT
    mine has a few reasons I guess:
    - when I latch on to something or someone I don't let go till the job is done - ever see a bull dog latch on to something?
    - I have the Bull Dog on my arm from my days in in the Marines

yea I was certified crazy, but I mellowed a good bit after I met my wife...now I don't bite much anymore
  • September 22, 2010 11:57 AM PDT
    Had two wolfhounds and thought I was the third lol! Miss my giant babies.
  • September 22, 2010 12:01 PM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    big pain in the arse....ummm sorta lol!
  • September 22, 2010 1:31 PM PDT
    to protect the innocent, and the guilty as hell, i ain't sayin!
    • 2072 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:40 PM PDT
    Blvd Cruiser just made sense..... I ride a Boulevard and like to cruise. My OTHER nick name is another story. A lot of the locals (and people I went to school with) still call me Stalker. Back in the day, everybody went by their last name. Mine being Estoker got shortened to Stroker and just kinda morphed into Stalker !!!!!
    • 1509 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:43 PM PDT
    that is my name all f!@#$%d up

sh ed sr uty

ed shuty sr

mr mojo risen

Mr. M. James Morisen
  • September 22, 2010 3:57 PM PDT
    well you cant tell really from my picture but im 6ft4 1/2 inchs tall, and all body, i have very short legs for my height (32 inch pants). When i used to run when i was younger my legs looked like they do in cartoons i guess, so somebody yelled wheels and the name stuck.
  • September 23, 2010 12:20 AM PDT
    GECKO nothing to do with the insurance company. Friends I rode with rarely would see me in the cold, or bundled up in winter when they did. Since I have a Gecko tattoo it kind of fit. So for many years now more know me by Gecko than my name.lol
  • September 23, 2010 2:35 AM PDT

Long time ago when I was safey checking my duty bike on of my friends at work walked up to me n said " RandyJoe " how the heck are ya....N the nick name stuck.....

• September 23, 2010 3:15 AM PDT
    how i got the name TACO? well i grew up in Louisville,Ky so the LOWRIDER movement was always big there, so i grew up around it. i built a 1990 chevy s-10 lowrider, with, hydro's, wire wheels with fat white walls, flaked out paint job with murals and ghost patterns. after collage i moved back to louisville to work at a tool and die shop. a buddy of mine saw me driving the truck in one morning, so i desided to hit the switches to make it bounce....well as soon as i got out of the truck he walked over to and said "DAMN TACO!! YOU HAD THAT DAMN THING BOUNCING OFF THE GROUND" and as ya know it.....the guys that worked there heard what he called me and the rest is history...so i have been stuck with it ever since....
    • 846 posts
    September 23, 2010 3:16 AM PDT
    Nothing spectacular just a few places I’ve work at have had more than one Charlie (and Charles is way too formal for me) and when asked what I wanted to be called I would say anything other than Charles and late and Chaz came up more than once and stuck.
    • 277 posts
    September 23, 2010 4:08 AM PDT
    You all probably know how I got mine...

HD = Harley Davidson
    Beech = That's what Lucky calls me!

I even have a personalized license plate on my Audi that says HDBEECH. So if you are in So Cal and see a Silver Audi A4 with that plate, say HI!
  • September 23, 2010 5:11 AM PDT
    I picked up RaceAngel when I started stockcar racing years back.

I also have another nickname at the track I race and work at.

The announcer originally called me "The Racing Grandma" because I have a granddaughter.  But when I my racecar caught fire he changed it to the "Red Hot" Racing Grandma.  I have many kids, teens and young adults in the stands that call me Grandma.  Some female drivers get a little offended by the name.  The track asked me if I wanted them to quit calling me that and I told them the kids have fun with it, the track has fun with it.  When I feel like I'm getting too old and showing it we may have to talk,  until then...I'm having fun with it too.

RA
  • September 23, 2010 7:17 AM PDT
    Nice profile picture for a "Red Hot Racing Grandma"
    • 58 posts
    September 23, 2010 3:46 PM PDT
    The first cutting of a diamond is the "rough cut". Wife says I'm a diamond in the rough, ergo Rufcut.
    • 223 posts
    September 24, 2010 4:06 AM PDT
    My last name is Cain, and I raise a LOT of it...

Usually, I go by Tat2dNrse because that's what I am... lol!!

• September 25, 2010 3:18 PM PDT

Rexbo is a play on my name (Rex, yes I'm the REAL Rex) , Rambo, and a Gary Larson cartoon of a dog decked out with bandoliers and a machine gun.

If you're really clever, you'll figure out where the "47" comes from.