Wierdest Stuff You've Stuffed...

• 223 posts
    September 1, 2010 11:31 AM PDT
    ... in your mouth, that is...

Kind of coming off the "Food"  thread and the idea of eating Kangaroo tail, what's the weirdest or most "exotic" thing ya'll have ever eaten?

For me, it would probably be fried goat's eyes.  Didn't know what I was eating at the time and it was great, even when I found out what it was, lol!

So... how about ya'll?
    • 0 posts
    September 1, 2010 11:49 AM PDT
    After a 3 day booze cruise, we pulled into a little pub in the high country of Victoria. You know the kinda place, where you think shit man paddle faster i hear banjo music.. After a few hour playing drinking games with the locals it turned into a big macho pissing for distance dare thing.So we drank tabasco dropped raw eggs into tequila all the normal gross drunken shit. this bright sparks pipes up and says "what about that road kill fox across the road from the pub?".He says "i'll buy whoever can eat a bit of fox beer for the rest of the night'.So being a genius and not wanting to be outdone i say"Im bloody in".Grabbing a beer we proceed to fore mentioned fox carcuss and out comes my trusty pocket knife.The fox had been there a couple of days so he was a bit on the nose. I decided shit theres a little pouch at the back there that aint been fly blown so i whipped out his knackers and headed back to the bar for the official tasting. the publican wouldnt take the fox balls into the kitchen , health regulations or some shit, so i sorta cooked them at the bar with my cigarette lighter. Anyways they were kinda cooked so down the hatch chased by a shot of jack and a beer. Old mate bought me beer all night and a good time was had by all. Two days later when i sobered up i ended up in hospital with blood poisoning and spent 9 days on antibiotics.. Moral to this story cook your roadkill thoroughly and make a nice side salad, it'll come up easier.
    • 19007 posts
    September 1, 2010 11:53 AM PDT
    OK I have one actually two...
    Fugu (河豚, 鰒, フグ?) is the Japanese word for pufferfish and is also a Japanese dish prepared from the meat of pufferfish or porcupinefish. Because fugu is lethally poisonous if prepared incorrectly, fugu has become one of the most celebrated and notorious dishes in Japanese cuisine.
    (thanks wiki...)
    A good friend and I were on the town (Tokyo) courtesy of his girlfriend, who happened to own a GI bar outside the gate of Yakota AB Japan. We were treated to Fugu. I will say it did give a kind of high but really had no taste. I know it was EXPENSIVE so no fear of trying it again.

And on another occasion the same group went to another restaurant / theater and had real Kobe Beef, cut into bite size strips, cooked by us on two large hot rocks placed on the table in front of us. Talk about melt in your mouth beef. WOW! And the after dinner show was Earth Wind and Fire. There is much more to this story but I'll leave that for another time...Thanks Mioko and Tom.

BTW everytime I hear Buck Owens sing "Made in Japan" I remember that time.
    • 9 posts
    September 1, 2010 11:54 AM PDT
    BOOF, I feel like a shirley even mentioning Rattle Snake Stakes in Arizona or Mountin Oysters in West Va.
    That will be a tuff one to beet....LOL You da "Man"
    • 568 posts
    September 1, 2010 12:00 PM PDT
    boiled bull balls, or sheep's brain?!

• 0 posts
    September 1, 2010 12:08 PM PDT
    Man thats my kinda joint...
  • September 1, 2010 1:39 PM PDT
    Hell, y'all should get together and start a restaurant chain called "The Gaggin' Maggot,"
  • September 1, 2010 1:42 PM PDT
    Dude ~ I'll ship some o'er to ya ~ I pick it up all the time... :-p
  • September 1, 2010 1:58 PM PDT
    mountain oysters are good deep fried like catfish, dried bait shrimp are a good snack(coonass here), truckstop food
  • September 1, 2010 2:15 PM PDT
    Escargot... nothing more than slugs with campers... (the wine did help...)
    • 1509 posts
    September 1, 2010 4:55 PM PDT
    &^%$(*&^ yea
  • September 1, 2010 9:10 PM PDT
    when I lived in Nicaragua I would have iguana and cow brain soup a lot and in Sierra Leone raw sea turtle eggs. In Azerbaijan it was just about any part of a sheep that could be cooked
  • September 2, 2010 12:06 AM PDT
  • September 2, 2010 12:33 AM PDT
    here ya go BOOF
    • 2072 posts
    September 2, 2010 1:46 AM PDT
    My Ex-wife's cooking !!!!!
  • September 2, 2010 2:00 AM PDT
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    My Ex-wife's cooking !!!!!

I did the meals.  survival of the fittest..
  • September 2, 2010 2:01 AM PDT
    • 0 posts
    September 2, 2010 8:13 AM PDT
    Cool thanx Taco im bloody starving mate.............
  • September 2, 2010 8:20 AM PDT
    LOL!!!!!.....your welcome brother
    • 1516 posts
    September 2, 2010 8:37 AM PDT
    You guys are too much!

Boof OMG

• 0 posts
    February 22, 2012 12:12 PM PST
    Ah the memories...I was just thinkin about that taco bells friggin thing i ate at the chip that lasted in my body for 45 minutes...CHEERS BOOF..I still got that shirt DJ and the tans a bit more even...
    • 823 posts
    February 22, 2012 5:19 PM PST
    Mountain Oysters,or calf fries is what we call them, are delicious, Never had dead fox nuts though. Since I have gone to reading glasses now I did eat some rancid cheese the other day in my elk chili. I had already doctored up my bowl with cheese and onions and was about five bites in when I heard, your not eating that cheese are you! Yea it was green and fuzzy but I already mixed it up so I ate it all. Guess I got a cast iron gut.
    • 9 posts
    February 22, 2012 11:37 PM PST
    Not all that exotic, but still interesting. I had a Korean Aunt, who used to make the best "steak" in the world, along with a little cabbage dish called Kimchee. That's where the take a head of cabbage and do whatever it is they do it, spice and liquid wise, and then bury the jar in the backyard for a while. Like months.... Then out come the jar, off comes the lid (and you can smell this stuff, two rooms away) and a big helping goes on your plate. Well, I LOVE spicey food, and she knew that, so she put a big helping on my plate and stood back and watched....
    I dove right in, cause I can eat red chili peppers raw, so I didn't give it a thought. Turns out, that I should have.
    The bite I took, wasn't even chewed before the burning started, and the "fragrance" was all encompassing.
    I chewed as fast as I could, and swallowed, while simultaneously reachin' for a drink of anything within range...
    Big mistake, unless it's MILK! Cause that drink just spread the hotness out longer!!!
    My Aunt, meanwhile is standing there, well kinda bent over, slapping her knees, cause she was laughin' so hard!
    Then she says...and I kid you not, "You like-y Kimchee Pegee"? You like-y HOT???

Funny thing is, I ended up eatin' that whole helping. Cause after the initial burn...that stuff is AWESOME!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 22, 2012 11:44 PM PST
    When I was in the Survival, Evasion, Resistance, & Escape course in the Army...we had to pass an exercise at the end of the course....for about 4 days we moved at night, hid during the day and then went into individual hide sites. During that time we ate out of dumpsters, picked soy beans from some farmers field, attempted to kidnap a dog but he was too fast. In my individual site I ate a nice big green grasshopper one morning for breakfast, a big healthy frog that I had to eat raw (couldn't start a fire) for dinner one evening, and various grubs and snails. What a tasty time that was.
  • February 22, 2012 11:51 PM PST
    It must be either Fois Gras (which I love now) or Ahi Poke that I had in Hawaii. It was a totally weird texture thing....